Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Santa put a track day reservation for the ZoomZoom novice class at Infineon on 12-March. I think I may have enought time to get my special pucks made, which got me thinking if I even need any knee pucks at all for a novice course? Will I need new tires? I have a Pilot Sport rear with about 3500 miles on it and a Pilot Power front with about 1500. Any advice is deeply appreciated.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Speeddog. I had read those threads, and found them interesting and full of good info ,as usual.

I am wondering specifically for a novice day if I will need to change out my relatively new sport tires for brand new sport tires. What would you do, dear reader?

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
IMO, you're OK with your front tire.
Might be marginal with the rear having that many miles on it.
Depends how hard you've ridden those 3500 miles...

Perhaps someone with experience with how finicky ZoomZoom is about tires can post up.
And also with how hard on tires the Infineon track is.

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
By the time March rolls around you'll probably be ready for new tires front and rear.

Mainly, track riding is a head game, and if you're out there hurtling down the straight toward a high speed corner, you really don't want to have that little voice in the back of your mind going, "gee, I wonder if the tires are gonna stick?"

·
Registered
769 Posts
ducati_tim, congrats that Santa got you the trackday you wanted [thumbsup]
If you're really making the special pucks >:D i might be interested if it can be modified to not produce sparks ;D

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
If you make an appropriate contribution to the Crowbar fund, if you bring your bike and a new set of tires over on a weekend while I'm around I can change out your tires for you.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Z2 is an awesome school. Enjoy it. I won't be back in track action until April otherwise I'd try and join you. The one on one attention I got was really good and all you have to do is ask.

I had under 2500 on my front and less then 1000 on my rear when I went to Reno.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts