Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CRG mirrors on my S2R look awesome! ;D
I am still getting used to the "image looks closer than it appears" mirror, but my monster look so much better w/o the mickey mouse ears.

* 14T
* Removed reflectors
* CC Frame Slider

My next mod is most likely going to be clip-ons ;D

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TwIsTeD said:
Q:do you like the cc sliders?
Q:did you install yourself,if yes how hard was it,1-10 scale.
I've already field tested the sliders, and I consider them *essential* :-[

I paid to have them installed, but I think you need torque wrench, wood block (to hold the engine up), jack to hold the weight of the engine, and rear tire stand (not sure about front tire stand). With proper tools, I don't think it is difficult.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Stik said:
CRG mirrors on my S2R look awesome! ;D
I am still getting used to the "image looks closer than it appears" mirror, but my monster look so much better w/o the mickey mouse ears.

* 14T
* Removed reflectors
* CC Frame Slider

My next mod is most likely going to be clip-ons ;D
Is it harder to see with the CRG's? I'm thinking of getting new mirrors, but I'm not sure if the bar end style is going to make it more difficult for me to see around me..

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Craw said:
Is it harder to see with the CRG's? I'm thinking of getting new mirrors, but I'm not sure if the bar end style is going to make it more difficult for me to see around me..
The location of the mirrors makes it easier to see what's behind you in my opinion. It just takes a little while to get used to looking down by your hands to check your mirrors instead of looking to where the stock mirrors were.

Now the mirrors themselves...

I have the 2" CRG's and you can't really see much out of them. I do a lot of head checks rather than rely on my mirrors though, so I don't mind it so much.

I've been told by people with the 3" CRG's that they're much better as far as being able to see what in the reflection you're looking at.

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
Rameses said:
I have the 2" CRG's and you can't really see much out of them. I do a lot of head checks rather than rely on my mirrors though, so I don't mind it so much.
I rarely ever use my mirrors for changing lanes, I ALWAYS do a head check. Only time I use my mirrors is when I'm checking to make sure there's no flashing lights coming up from behind. >:D

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Craw said:
I have the 3" LS, and since they shake less at higher speeds, it is generally easier to see.
As someone pointed out, it just takes some getting used to looking down at the bar end to view the mirrors.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts