Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i bit it yesterday in some twistys in Union county. Was riding with some really experienced guys who own ducati racing bikes (999s). Bad line in a turn, tried to get out, went into the culvert and...crash. Luckily i got out fairly unscathed (had all my gear on)...busted rib, sore muscles, and bruised ego...but ill live. I was able to ride my monster back home but ive got some damage im gonna need to fix.

Rather than go with OEM parts Im looking at some aftermarket stuff but not sure where to get it. The parts im looking at replacing aftermarket are the foot pegs, mirrors, possibly handlebar. Ive got to get a new throttle body assembly and grips too.

Id rather order online and save some money cause im gonna have to get a new paint job at some point too and im sure thats gonna cost me big time. Looked at a couple of DML sponsors but any suggestions you guys could give me would be much appreciated.

Once I get her fixed, i have to shake off the bad mojo and get back in the saddle.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
There's a thread in Tech about cheap alternatives to OEM parts. Look there. Glad you're OK. I do not ride with those much more experienced or who are faster. I let them go at their pace, and I go at mine.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
RedRider said:
well, i bit it yesterday in some twistys in Union county. Was riding with some really experienced guys who own ducati racing bikes (999s). Bad line in a turn, tried to get out, went into the culvert and...crash. Luckily i got out fairly unscathed (had all my gear on)...busted rib, sore muscles, and bruised ego...but ill live. I was able to ride my monster back home but ive got some damage im gonna need to fix.

Once I get her fixed, i have to shake off the bad mojo and get back in the saddle.
I ride with some guys that are way better than me, my brother for one races AMA, as well as 2 other guys i ride with. I know my limits, and i don't drive past them. I do push those limits though.

Don't let it keep you out the saddle...best medicine is more riding... [thumbsup] so lets get the bike fixed ASAP and get you back in there carving the twisties :)

Glad your OK...and its good to get the ego brused from time to time....keeps things in perspective.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
BTW.... What bike are we talking about here that needs fixing now... we could help ya out a little by peeking in the classifieds for ya here and there, just need to know what kind of bike we would be looking for parts of... :)

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys. I definitely learned some valuable lessons yesterday. I did a few searches for aftermarket vs. oem parts and havent really come up with anything yet. I think im gonna get the monstrack mirrors...which i can order from DML. The throttle body assembly ill have to get from a dealership probably, but the handlebar and foot pegs i was thinking i might go aftermarket with. I busted up the rear seat cowl and the front windscreen and scraped the tank up pretty bad, but ill just keep my eyes open on the board and ebay. Im more concerned about getting her to ride right again.

I also bent the subframe under the seat, but a neighbor who has been riding ducatis for years is gonna help me straighten that out and also put some of the new parts on. I really appreciate you guys offering to help and I will definitely take you up on it if i need ya.

Oh...the bike im riding is a 2006 S2R

G

·
Uroplatus said:
Don't let it keep you out the saddle...best medicine is more riding... [thumbsup] so lets get the bike fixed ASAP and get you back in there carving the twisties :)

Glad your OK...and its good to get the ego brused from time to time....keeps things in perspective.
true, git back in that saddle asap! Git that thang fixed up and go hit that road you wrecked on! Glad you are alright man, and best of luck on git'n her back together quick. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
271 Posts
I just went Thur this on my 2005 S2R so I feel your pain.
I got some Rizoma bars from PJ's for $89 the factory ones where $200. I got a throttle assembly for $90 or so from Barnett's (came with new grips). I found the mirrors to be the most expensive item. I got some Rizoma bar end mirrors figured what the hell.

Did you break the shift rod? If so I guy on DML sells some nice CF ones.

PJ's had a good selection of mirrors and very good service plus they had everything else I wanted in stock.
Seen several items on Ebay when I was looking also so dont give up if you can wait a little.
Hope it all works out for you.

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah, i found PJ's...looks like that have alot of great stuff. im getting some barend sliders from them (rizoma). Im probably gonna get the monstrack mirrors. The throttle assembly i gotta get and also the RH footpeg. I will probably either look for the seat cowl and windscreen on ebay or.....i thought maybe get them and the tank custom painted like this.....

has anyone ever ordered oem parts for their monster at BikeBandit? They seem to have really good prices.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts