Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my Ducati (Monster Dark 750) on friday, the temperature here in montreal is not that great at the moment, I just did 30km since.

But wow wow... :p

I have a question could I put a 170-60-17 tire instead of 160-60-17 (original size). I'm going for Michelin Pilot

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
I have a question could I put a 170-60-17 tire instead of 160-60-17 (original size). I'm going for Michelin Pilot
Congratulations!
Re. tire size-you could do it, but I don't think anyone would recommend it. Keep the stock size.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree with T33. I squezed a 170 on my 4.5" rear wheel and wasn't too happy with the results.
It looks a little funny (disproportionate) and doesn't handle as well as the 160. Since the wider tire is squeezed on the smaller wheel, it won't look that much wider from behind either.
In my opinion, stick with the 160 or upgrade to a 5.5" wheel in the back, then go with the 170.

·
Registered
5 Posts
First welcome to the board from "the duck". Second I wouldn't really worry about the need to move up to a 170 unless your planning on hitting the track. Keep an eye out for a bigger rim on e-bay for the time being. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts