Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have tried very hard to bring my wife into riding in some way hoping she will get over some of her anxiety about riding. So we went out for breakfast and she enjoyed the short ride quit a bit. All went well until she dismounted then proceeded to drop my helmet on the driveway cracking the airvent assemblies on the top and scratching it all to heck! Now I have to wear the cheap HJC I have grrrrr.

Anyone have a particular helmet or brand they love?

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Suomy and Arai. (I have a Suomy Spec-1R Anthracite)

Now PLEASE tell me where that 10 mile stretch of road is that is north of Lipan! (I posted a reply to one of your threads a while ago)

Drew

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I have a Shoei RF-1000 and it has been a good helmet. Call Helmetshop.com or helmetharbor.com. They have the best prices I have found.

Swanny

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Yeah, my wife does not like motorcycles (or much of anything I do!) but I have gotten her on the back of the 'busa a couple of times also to lunch/brunch spots. Just have to take it real easy and slow like you have a basket of eggs back there. I know of several brainless twits that thought they'd show their girlfriends or wives their best Rossi imitation. Just plan stupid. Just like my friend who thought it would be a good idea to teach his wife to shoot with his .357 mag Smith, short barreled to boot! Yeah, good thinking. I got her a Joe Rocket women's jacket, gloves and a HJC helmet and it's a good sign that she has complained about not using it yet!

I'm an Arai person but you really can't find great discounts anymore since they banned mail order sales of their product. Moto Liberty does discount Arais much to Arai's displeasure. But Shoeis are also good. No personal experience with any others.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Billy, that's cool about the two-up riding... think she'll ever want her own bike?

As far as helmets go, I have a Scorpion that I got at MotoLiberty.

I discovered, after dropping my helmet on the patio about two weeks after I bought it, that MotoLiberty also stocks replacement parts for Scorpion helmets - I completely shattered one of the rotating assembly things that holds on the visor when it hit the ground. Took the helmet in and they replaced the whole mess for about 5 bucks. It also has an easily replaceable, inexpensive liner, plus several different visor options (they have one now that automatically adjusts to the lighting conditions...)

Overall, it's been a very well-made helmet at a very reasonable price (think it was something like $120.00 for a solid color).

Might be worth a look?

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
dont listen to these guys... you want a shoei X-Eleven, top notch for a top notch bike. :angel:

... or the suomy ducati helmet one. Even tho its a really nice helmet, I think those are quite a bit uncomfortable.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
That's cool that she initiated wanting to try her gear. I love to ride on the back. I love to ride, I could care less as long as it's 2 wheels. Have any of you guys ridden on the back of a Duc? [laugh] You should try it just for the experience of what it's like. After being a passenger I am more conscience of how to ride with one on the back. it's a very interesting perspective on a motorcycle.

I wear a Suomy Xtreme Flowers and the Diobolic 3 Shoei. I am a helmet fanatic. Some riders like gloves, jackets etc... I love new helmet smell :p

Jen

·
Registered
665 Posts
i tried a couple times but it was scarrrryy i thought we would crash on the turns... [laugh] i would rather ride... ;D

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Yeah, I'm a helmet geek too. I have four Arais just to keep my wife confused. I make fun of her dozens of pairs of black "flats" shoes and she returns the dig on my gear. Fair enough. She's looking for the perfect shoe (hopeless!) but I have found the perfect helmet.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I have several full Arai helmets. Great fit, very low wind noise, & most important- the best protection.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
I wear a gorgeous Shark too. i am more impressed with the Shoei though.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Yeah, I've seen some nice Sharks (Miguel Duhamel wears one, course he's paid too!) they are supposedly very popular in Europe just haven't broken in big over here. Friends have loved Shoeis for years, I'm just stuck in an Arai rut. But they work for me.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Arai Corsair Ducati edition!!!!
The best for the best bikes!!!
Remember kiddies, what is your brain really worth to you?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts