Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using the same FirstGear PVC-style rainsuit for about the past 7 years. It's very effective, but quite heavy and bulky. I searched all of the moto-manufacturers, but couldn't find the right mix of what I wanted. I had the following criteria

*Packable, the smaller the better
*Lightweight
*Seam-sealed
*Somewhat breathable
*Full length zippers on the pants
*Suitable for recreational activities not related to riding.

My current gear has gussets with snaps at the bottom of the leg, which made it difficult to put them on over my boots (I performed a lovely dance for BickS2R in Durango last year, just ask. [thumbsup]) I gave up on the moto-specific stuff and bought some mid-line outdoor gear.

Sierra Designs Thunder Jacket. Bought it from Sierra Trading Post for $23. See the details here:

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/10984,44498_Sierra-Designs-Thunder-Rain-Jacket-For-Men.html

I bought a size XL and it fits well over my size Large armored Cortech jacket. It fits all of my needs so far. Packs up quite small and can be stuffed into odd-shaped places on the bike. The only improvements I can imagine would be a removeable hood and larger wrist cuffs. Reflective piping would be a plus on both pieces.

Red Ledge Thunderlight Full Zip Pants. Campmor had the best deal with shipping for $47.

http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=3192620&memberId=12500226

I bought size large and they fit over my armored leathers (Large Cortech Apex pants) very well. No baggier than you would imagine. They are super easy to put on and off! They pack up pretty small considering the full-zip legs. The velcro adjuster on the bottom should prevent too much wind flap. The legs look a little long, but I have a 30" inseam. They pull up well when I'm on the bike.

This is only a half-review because I haven't ridden in the rain with it yet. Here are some gratuitous pics (I've never seen rain gear that looks flattering.) Pics were taken with my jacket and pants zipped together which is approx 300 degrees:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
They both pack up pretty small, and they can be formed however you need. Here are a few pics using my SV650 as a test-mule.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
You, you mean...You can't mean...you actually RIDE in the rain???

I thought that was for whack-jobs like, well, ummm...me... ::)

I do have to say though, I do rather enjoy rain riding! Somehow peaceful.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Creaking Leathers said:
I do have to say though, I do rather enjoy rain riding! Somehow peaceful.
Agreed. I don't want to do it all of the time, but where I live, it's inevitable. I won't go looking for it, but I don't let it stop me.

·
Registered
104 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts