Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to take a moment to thank each and every one of you who are a part of this forum.
I first started surfing here a little while before I bought my first bike, a 03 monster 620 dark.
While I am still a newbie, I have learned countless things from reading and asking questions here on the forum. It is also a great feeling to be a part of something that feels exclusive. It's funny, the monster is the best selling Ducati and I still dont' feel like I'm on some bandwagon, it feels exclusive. So to end this, thank you all for always taking the time to answer all the questions, no matter how rookie they may be. You are all greatly responsible for making me much more knowledgable about bikes, but more importantly about monsters. I think you all deserve a pat on the back.

AND AN EXTRA BIG KUDOS TO THE MAKER OF THE SITE! THIS PAGE IS PRICELESS! THANKS FOR ALL THE TIME SPENT KEEPING IT TOGETHER! [smiley=applause.gif] [smiley=applause.gif] [smiley=applause.gif] [smiley=applause.gif] [smiley=applause.gif] [smiley=applause.gif] [smiley=applause.gif] [smiley=applause.gif] [smiley=applause.gif] [smiley=applause.gif] [smiley=applause.gif]

S

·
0 Posts
I second that emotion. I bought my bike last summer and have learned quite a bit, too.

D

·
0 Posts
I know the feeling man. This board is the best. I only wish I could make more of a contribution to make up for all that I have received.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
the board is only as good as the people. as previouly stated, this board is the best, therefore, it must have the best people.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
as a newbie who has been mostly lurking for the last couple of months I am also thankful for the info. I have learned from this forum in such a short time.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I agree. I've saved a lot of money, learned some things, and met some nice people out there.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yeah.. I remember when I first came on the old list in 2000 I was thinking, "Who's this clown on the Monster list with a SuperSport?" ;D

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Same here, gave a little paypal contribution, cause I love this site and don't want it to go away!!!
Many thanks to ALL who run it, and many thanks to ALL who contribute valuable and entertaining info.
A entire website full of friends, who could ask for anything more! ;D [smiley=applause.gif] [smiley=waytogo.gif]

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
As a total noob to motorcycling, I, too, am grateful. Seriously, this board has made my motorcycling experience that much more enjoyable. Thank you to everyone. :)

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Thanks for all the kind words about the site. I have to say I get back as much as I put in, or more. This site is really about you, the folks who help the new riders, answer the umpteenth question about exhaust cans, and provide encouragement and insight for your fellow riders. Oh, and make us laugh too.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
I have been lurking here for a couple of months now mainly because I couldnt make up my mind weather I should buy a Duc or stay with the more familiar. Well now I own two and find this board more helpfull and informative everyday. Also I appreciate the maturity of the majority of the postings and posters.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Mille Grazie a Voi !

Even being long ways away, and not even being a fellow americano, You all have helped me in so many ways.

I hope I have friends to meet if I am visiting US of A,
and maybe I can contribute someday somehow also financially.

Skier

ps. I even have 2 HD

T

·
0 Posts
I agree that this site is informative, helpful, and often times down right humorous.

But I must admit one downfall. When I bought my Ducati a few months ago, I thought it would make a good second vehicle. Something to commute the 10 miles back and forth to work and maybe ride on the weekends. I assumed it would be cheaper to own than purchasing another car.

But after reading this board, I have been infected by the modification bug. When I lose my girlfriend and file for bankruptcy because of all the "necessary" enhancements I have/will make, it will be because of all of the ideas I found on this site. I hope you can all live with yourselves knowing you have inducted another member into the Monster Cult :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts