Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Ive been thinking. I dropped my frame sliders off at my dealers before I took delivery of my bike and had them install them.

If I want to take them off, do I everything from stock? Was there a different rod through my frame and engine? Were there different end nuts? I never got anything back from the dealer in this regard.

·
Registered
298 Posts
yes, there was a shorter rod. my dealer returned the shorter rod, and the caps.
try calling them up and ask for them to be returned. i bet they have dozens laying around.
:)

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pennyrobber said:
Always ask for your old parts back.
I didnt even think about it. I had the worst time getting my bike delivered and forgot about it. It was back in July.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ash said:
they owe you an engine mount bolt, a nut, and two frame plugs.
Im afraid to ask for it back considering the fallout I had with them.

·
Registered
103 Posts
HyperM3 said:
Im afraid to ask for it back considering the fallout I had with them.
Well, I doubt they are going to beat you up and give you a flag pole wedgie if you ask. Just go up there and see what they say. If they say 'no' then figure out the next step to get what you need.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Its a law to give you back old parts or at least ask if you want them.

·
0 Posts
I believe the law is that they have to give you the old parts back IF you ASK for them. I wouldn't expect a shop to label and inventory a bunch of parts that customers don't want.

Not trying to piss on ya here, just saying that I wouldn't go in there demanding the parts and "telling them" how it "is", etc.

I would ask nicely for the parts and if they don't have them ask to see if the can order them for you at cost. That sounds reasonable, but I guess the "falling out part" might affect that. My advice is to not act like you are entitled to the parts at this point, in the beginning you were entitled to them but not now, IMHO.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think Im just SOL here. Wasnt looking to take off my frame sliders anytime soon so it was just a passing thought. Ill see how it goes.

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
Worst case scenario, someone around here has an extra engine bolt lying around and probably the nuts too. I may even have a set.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Just my 2 cents.....I worked for car dealerships as a tech for over 19 years and the law here (in Michigan) is that old parts are to be returned to the customer UNLESS there is a core on the old part/s or the part is a warranty item. If the parts are the latter, the customer can inspect them. FWIW, Harry

1 - 13 of 13 Posts