Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 S2R 1000 with 6500 miles. It was purchased in 06. I had a Ducati slipper clutch installed in 07 when the bike had about 1000 miles on it. The slipper clutch has about 5500 miles on it. Over the past year I've had to bring it to my local Ducati dealer twice because the clutch started slipping in all gears when I accelerate hard. The engine revs but the bike doesn't accelerate. It will accelerate if I open the throttle slowly. This happens after the bike warms up and I've been riding for about an hour. I don't do track days, just street ride and don't abuse the bike. The slipper clutch does get used when I down shift going into tight corners. The clutch started slipping again a few months after the first repair. The second repair was a month ago and today it started slipping again. Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas as to what's causing the problem? I have the original clutch and I'm thinking of replacing the slipper clutch with it. Actually I'm getting so frustrated that I'm thinking of replacing the bike! Your help would greatly be appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts