Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have/had a 04 m800 ie that was crashed by a guy I let ride it. Any who I need to rebuild it because I bought it for 3,300 as a salvage title and the only way I can see not totally loosing out is to fix it.

I need;
frame,
fork,
front rim,
Right rear set, (should be drivable at this point)
headlight,
all blinkers,
front brake lever.

I'm in minesota twin cities area and any body who can help with cheap used stock parts, I'd be super gratefull. I'm a poor auto tech student, I spent my whole financial aid check on the bike and a fellow student crash it. I'm so bummed out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
insurance cant help

I have only liability. He (come to find out) doesnt have insurance on his v-star or r6. I might talk to him about buying me some parts, worst case small claims court might be an option. But I'd rather get parts together and fix the bike and not make more bad blood over the situation.
This is going to make me smarter about who rides any bike of mine.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Sounds like you just learned a expensive lesson. I always subscribe the the you break it, you bought it theory.

If someone can't afford to replace my ride, they don't touch it.

Maybe take his R6 in payment? He surely owes you something.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
some of what I'm looking to get.

I need a passenger rearset, forks, front wheel, brake lever, any mirrors and blinkers cause they all broke.
I'm going to try to get someone to fix my frame and I'm making my own headlight.
Anyone who has any of these parts at a reasonable price is going to be my hero.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have stock blinkers I'm pretty sure I have both sets of front and rear blinkers I'd give you all four for 30.00 bucks includes shipping since we both live in the tundra.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
If you send me a letter that says you will never let anyone else ride your bike I will give you the passenger foot pegs off of my S4R for free. No joke,

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
cant figure out how to get phone pics

What's wrong with your frame I know people here in Minnesota not sure where you live but I'm near twin cities
The top welds of the trellis broke from the steering. I think thats the right way to say it.
And as for letting another ever ride my bike. The guy who ruined it was the first non family member to touch the thing.
My mom rode it, she's in her fourties and been riding forever, allowed to ride.
My brother has taken the rider safty classes and is a very cautious guy, allowed.
My uncle rode it when he helped me work on it and shim the valves, he's crazy but would never ruin the bike and would make it right if he did. I bought the bike when I lived on his couch for free. He can ride.
I guess no one else should ride the monster when I get it rolling again.

rwalker004 I'm in new brighton.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That sounds like an awesome price! I would call now and set up a payment but I need to give my money to the technical college I go to. I'll call in a week or two and see if it's still available but if you get an offer in the mean time it's cool. thank you for this offer. If I buy those parts my bike will actually roll again. That would be a great feeling!

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Crashes

Dude,
Anybody who has 2 rides ( should be experienced) and can't be careful and respectful enough to riding someone else's bike without crashing it dosen't deserve to be let off the hook. Bad blood, WTF, he should have stepped up to the plate and offered to fix, pay or trade, what bullshit..................He obviously didn't give a **** about you or yours, and what, you don't want to hurt his feelings after he done you a big wrong?
I am glad I don't have friends like that. You should have called the police and filed an accident report. IMO You've been abused.

Sounds like you just learned a expensive lesson. I always subscribe the the you break it, you bought it theory.

If someone can't afford to replace my ride, they don't touch it.

Maybe take his R6 in payment? He surely owes you something.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts