Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an Ohlins piggyback shock off of ChpinDave's 07 S4RS with 2500 miles.

Like a dipsh!t I rushed into the purchase w/o doing my homework (try the "Search" button its very useful) mistakenly thinking it would fit my S2R800. Well guess what, and of course most you know this, for the record the piggyback Ohlins shock on the S4RS most definitely does NOT fit on an S2R800 w/o major surgery to the bike.

So I paid Dave $620 plus $20 for Paypal fee and plus shipping. into it for $660 or so I guess.

I'm certainly not going back to Dave on this as it was my mistake so first $600 takes it (Ducati list price is in the $1500 range apparently). And I'll throw in UPS ground shipping in lower 48. Otherwise I"m gonna have to trade my S2R for an S4R to put the dang thing on...

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Re: My Bad! So S4RS Ohlins Shock for Sale

Would it fit a S2R1000?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

iscoot said:
will it fit an 02 m750?
Don't know. Try the search. ;)

dlovely said:
Would it fit a S2R1000?
I think the S2R1000 is basically the same as the 800 so I will say no.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts

i live in silverlake and can pick the shock up, if it fits the M750.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

PeterS4R said:
Will it fit an S4R?
I'm pretty sure it will as the upgrades from S4 to S4R are basically the shock and front forks for 07. But have a search around here. Let me know what you want to do.

iscoot said:
i live in silverlake and can pick the shock up, if it fits the M750.
Find out if it fits and let me know if you want it. My work is in the heart of Hollywood so that would make life easy.

·
Registered
270 Posts

I done a search on the ohlins web page and it does not even show a rear shock for the S4Rs letalone the S4R. If it will fit the S4R, I am interested!
Dan

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts

Try calling Jerry Wohlgemuth @ Ohlins....

828 / 692.4525

;)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

raafrebel said:
I done a search on the ohlins web page and it does not even show a rear shock for the S4Rs letalone the S4R. If it will fit the S4R, I am interested!
Dan
I am 99.9% sure its a straight bolt on. Its straight off an S4RS and as mentioned earlier the difference for 07 between S and non S is the shock and forks. Not sure about 06 or prior though. Suggest a call to a dealer who knows waht they are talking about. I'll also try and get the info. Let me know.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts

so i quess that means that you do not know the model number??? there is 0 info on the Ohlins site!!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

powerbiker said:
hi there!will you post to greece?
I would prefer not to. Nothing personal but I don't have time to deal with the inevitable issues that usually crop up with shipping parts overseas.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Munch said:
Just hung up with Ohlins, the S4Rs Ohlins will fit on an S4R. Only issue to contend with "may" be an exhaust. You need to check the routing of the pipes to ensure they don't run near the shock.
So do you want it? I read somewhere that if the exhaust is close there is a heat reflective tape that you can use that works well.

Let me know. Would like to get this out of my garage so I can redirect the dollars to other bling pieces for my lowly no Ohlins S2R. ;)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Thanks. But seems no luck around here on this so will go to eBay this weekend. Fun!!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

SOLD (here!). Thanks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts