Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My a$$ was so sore after the ride to and from Michael's, that I ordered my Sargent seat this morning. It should be hear next week! So I will be looking for a nice ride to break it in.

David

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
1st post -
I enjoyed the ride. Even took the wife out for a scoot when I got home. 'Course the GT1000 seat is new! Thanks for a great ride. I really needed that. Let's do it again sometime. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
You were sore after that? You don't know pain until you've gone on one of Silas' (Uroplatus) loops around Winston-Salem, the Blue Ridge Parkway, and S. Virginia with the stock seat. I left Morrisville at 8am and didn't get home until almost 6pm with only an hour for a lunch break.

That sounds like fun again, Silas when we going for another run? [thumbsup]

C

·
0 Posts
superjohn said:
Hey SJ, if yer ever up fer it, and Silas is busy or sumt'n and yer still wanting to go, shoot me a pm, I'd be glad to show ya some routes. ;) ;D

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
superjohn said:
You were sore after that? You don't know pain until you've gone on one of Silas' (Uroplatus) loops around Winston-Salem, the Blue Ridge Parkway, and S. Virginia with the stock seat. I left Morrisville at 8am and didn't get home until almost 6pm with only an hour for a lunch break.

I got a few things going on right now.... my mom is pretty sick, and been taking time to see her after not seeing her for a few years....

But i am up for it soon... I just need new tires and a little warmer weather.... and as for what Cheap said... He lives up there and showed me all the roads!!!

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
cheapbastard said:
Hey SJ, if yer ever up fer it, and Silas is busy or sumt'n and yer still wanting to go, shoot me a pm, I'd be glad to show ya some routes. ;) ;D
I may just do that. I think we should do a couple of longer group rides this year, and maybe a trip up to the Dragon.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I agree... I am down for them.... I know Tracy would do them as well... as long as he is available...

·
Registered
180 Posts
ruester007 said:
My a$$ was so sore after the ride to and from Michael's, that I ordered my Sargent seat this morning. It should be hear next week! So I will be looking for a nice ride to break it in.

David
David,

Who did you order your seat through? How much did you pick it up for?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ordered it directly from Sargent. It was 429.95 or so. I looked at sargent seats from several other venders that were less expensive, but none of the ones I saw had the CF seat pan, not sure how important that is to anyone, and one of the companys was way backordered.

Hope that helps.

David

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
fyi: all the sargents have CF seat pans.

watch for motostrano sales ... i got my sargent for less than 350 with free shipping. if you sign up for their news letter sometimes you get a coupon code for 10-20% off.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The seat got here today. Wow that was fast!

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
I want a Sargent real bad, but damned if life doesn't keep getting in the way. Christmas, taxes, clothes dryer went on fritz, etc etc etc. One day I will own one. One day....

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I could hardly wait to put the seat on! It went on well, tighter than the stock seat but seems to fit better.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Rameses said:
Ask Jobu about his old Corbin.

(He now has a Sargent if that tells you anything.)
+1 ... i had a corbin for over 12K miles ... i've been rocking my sargent for the last 2K ... if your ass and rock hard seats get along, then look at corbins

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The new Sargent Seat. Lookout for my photoshopped powder coat color options later today.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 47 Posts