Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

THIS IS WHAT I STARTED WITH. I BOUGHT THIS FROM A GUY IN "AS IS" CONDITION

THEN THERE IS THIS SIDE

HERE IS AFTER I GOT EVERYTHING BACK FROM BEING POWDER COATED AND STARTED PUTTING IT BACK TOGETHER

THE CASE COVER THAT TOOK ME HOURS TO DO....

AND HERE IT IS TODAY WITH THE EXHAUST DONE. RIGHT NOW I'M HAVING NEW CABLES MADE ALONG WITH BRAKE AND CLUTCH LINES.

·
Registered
313 Posts
The brand is Yoshimura (I can see that from the sticker). I wanna know more details about how this was done and how it performs,etc. The single under-seat exhaust is cool.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your Right It Is A Yoshi. It Is For A Honda 06-07 Cbr600rr And Comes With The Mid Pipe As Well. I Cut The Stock Exhaust Right Under The "y" For The Stock Mufflers And Then Cut My Brand New (take A Deep Breath And Butcher) Yosh Pipe At The First Bend From The Muffler. I Gave The Bike And Muffler To A Guy I Know For The Mount And Joining Of The Two Pipes Together How And Where I Wanted Them. The Muffler Comes Off The Pipe So Removal Of The Complete Exhaust System Will Not Be A Problem In The Future. The Remainder Of The Yosh Pipe That Was Cut Off Was Used To Join To The Stock System And Tig Welded Together. On The Performance End, I'm Using The 696 Race Ecu From A Termi System Along With The Air Filter. I Havent Had The Chance To Even Hear It Yet Because Of Some Fabricating I'm Doing That Is Holding Up Being Able To Run It. Performance Should Be Right Along With The Termi System.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Thanks for your write-up. I like the custom exhaust setups better than the slip-ons in some ways. I've considered doing such a thing myself. I've seen that there is someone else on the board that also did a singular under the seat setup. One question I have about this type of setup though is what do you do with the brake light, plate, and turn signals. Where do they go?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Brake Light Answer

FOR THE BRAKE LIGHT RUNNING LIGHT AND TURN SIGNAL ISSUE I TURNED TO http://www.radiantz.com/cart/index1.html?c34.html&1 FOR THAT. I AM USING A STRIP LIGHT WITH ALL LIGHTS INCORPORATED INTO ONE UNIT AND USING A SWING ARM MOUNTED LICENSE PLATE. IT HAS IT'S ADVANTAGES TO BE THE SERVICE MANAGER AT A DUCATI DEALERSHIP FOR THE CONNECTIONS I HAVE HERE AND BEING ABLE TO FABRICATE ALLOT OF THE STUFF MYSELF. IF YOU WANT TO ASK ANYTHING ELSE, FIRE AWAY AND I'LL DO MY BEST TO ANSWER FOR YOU.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Under Tray

Well I Just Finished The Under Tray That Is Between The Exhaust And Sub Frame. Also Finished The Muffler Mount That Goes From The Top Of The Sub Frame, Through The Tray And Clamps To The Yoshi Muffler Clamp. I'll Post A Picture In The Next Day Or Two....time To Go Home, I've Been Here At Work For Over 13 Hours Now.

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Your Right It Is A Yoshi. It Is For A Honda 06-07 Cbr600rr And Comes With The Mid Pipe As Well. I Cut The Stock Exhaust Right Under The "y" For The Stock Mufflers And Then Cut My Brand New (take A Deep Breath And Butcher) Yosh Pipe At The First Bend From The Muffler. I Gave The Bike And Muffler To A Guy I Know For The Mount And Joining Of The Two Pipes Together How And Where I Wanted Them. The Muffler Comes Off The Pipe So Removal Of The Complete Exhaust System Will Not Be A Problem In The Future. The Remainder Of The Yosh Pipe That Was Cut Off Was Used To Join To The Stock System And Tig Welded Together. On The Performance End, I'm Using The 696 Race Ecu From A Termi System Along With The Air Filter. I Havent Had The Chance To Even Hear It Yet Because Of Some Fabricating I'm Doing That Is Holding Up Being Able To Run It. Performance Should Be Right Along With The Termi System.
could you tell me how you manage to capitalize the first letter of every word?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Capital Letters

At Work I Use All Caps When I Write Up Work Orders Because It's Easier To Read When I Type Up The Fixes We Made On The Bikes We Work On, So I Always Use The Cap Lock Key. When It's Posted Here It Changes It To Just The First Letter Cap...that's Funny, I Didn't Even Notice It Until You Pointed It Out.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Nice work....

I have always been a fan of undertail exhausts...LOL..

I am really diggn' the black engine casing! That is Bad A$$! Looking forward to seeing the project finished.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Exhaust Mount / Under Tray

Here are some pictures of the exhaust mount and the under tray / heat shield in it's rough stage. I wanted to keep the exhaust as high as possible so we made the mount go through the tray and up above the bottom of the sub frame.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Headlight and Started bike today

Here is the headlight assembly installed. I finally was able to start it up and hear the exhaust this morning. I sounds really good...nice deep tone but not to loud. So far everyone that has heard it also really liked it. All I need to do now is make the cables, install the clutch and brake line along with the s2r rear sets.

·
Registered
87 Posts
GREEN MONSTER,
I really like what you did with exhaust.
I wonder if you thought about dual slip-ons, like 1198 or newer Yamaha R1 style? It would be more pricey, but seems possible: make new Y-midpipe to bring the slipons close together, attach them to the same place on the subframe where stocks attach, and fabricate some kind of fender-eliminator bracket to go between two slipons for license plate attachment. I think that would look good as well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dual Slip On's

I did think about it for a short time, but then I wanted something different than any of the other Ducati's I have coming in and out of my service department. It would be possible to do what you mentioned with just a little fabricating. The cheapest way to go about that mod would be find the exhaust cans you like on E-Bay or something like that instead of going new. If you have a friend that has that type of bike you could always use their exhaust for placement. On the last bike I had which was a CBR600RR, I used a Suzuki SV650 muffler, gutted it, cut it, re-packed it and rotated it to make it fit. All it takes is some imagination and creativity and the rest is connecting the pieces together. If you live in the So Cal area around where I work here at Spectrum Motorsports, I have a guy that could make that Y pipe for you to bolt on your new cans and also help with ideas on how to mount them as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I like the bars you have on it. Which ones are you using and will you need to get longer cables. I have been looking at the pro taper raptor bar.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts