Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow DMLers,

As the subject suggests, I am from the Detroit area (from the newly formed Motor City Monsters). My wife an I are spending a few days in Nashville area (staying in Franklin) this coming weekend (Feb. 16-18). Just curious if there is anything special going on this weekend that we should check out. Or, if there are any restaurants/bars that we stop by during our stay.

Thanks in advance.

Ryan

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Well its a pity it wasn't last weekend as I spent it in Franklin as well, but I'm back in Memphis, and headed to Athens, GA this weekend.

In downtown Franklin you should check out Mainstreet, many good restaraunts (the Pub is good, so is Mellowmushroom) and in Coolsprings there is quite a bit to do.

In Downtown Nashville, taking I-65 N to the I-40E split, and exiting on 4th Ave S, you will find Corse Motorsports, an excellent Ducati Shop. (Its where my Monster is!) Alain and Andy are quite a bit of fun to talk to and they have a bunch of great bikes in the shop.

While downtown, you aren't far from The Flying Saucer just off of Broadway, next to the Frist Center. Frist is to Art, what The Flying Saucer is to Beer. (75+ drafts, nearly 200 'flavors' total). Good times and not too trashy.

Demonbreun has live music in a lot of bars and is generally more college oriented late at night. Several places to eat, and there are big naked people statues (can't miss it). Dan McGuinness is good, as is On The Rocks, and Tin Roof - but again, college bars.

Towards the river on Broadway there are several Brewery/Restaraunts (big river is good) and lots of honky-tonks which equate to cheap drinks and live music (all country style). They are fun even if you don't like Country.

Now, this was a pleasant distraction but I must get back on task! Hope your trip to the 'ville is great!

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
ATO Memphis said:
Well its a pity it wasn't last weekend as I spent it in Franklin as well, but I'm back in Memphis, and headed to Athens, GA this weekend.

In downtown Franklin you should check out Mainstreet, many good restaraunts (the Pub is good, so is Mellowmushroom) and in Coolsprings there is quite a bit to do.

In Downtown Nashville, taking I-65 N to the I-40E split, and exiting on 4th Ave S, you will find Corse Motorsports, an excellent Ducati Shop. (Its where my Monster is!) Alain and Andy are quite a bit of fun to talk to and they have a bunch of great bikes in the shop.

While downtown, you aren't far from The Flying Saucer just off of Broadway, next to the Frist Center. Frist is to Art, what The Flying Saucer is to Beer. (75+ drafts, nearly 200 'flavors' total). Good times and not too trashy.

Demonbreun has live music in a lot of bars and is generally more college oriented late at night. Several places to eat, and there are big naked people statues (can't miss it). Dan McGuinness is good, as is On The Rocks, and Tin Roof - but again, college bars.

Towards the river on Broadway there are several Brewery/Restaraunts (big river is good) and lots of honky-tonks which equate to cheap drinks and live music (all country style). They are fun even if you don't like Country.

Now, this was a pleasant distraction but I must get back on task! Hope your trip to the 'ville is great!
That was a great review.... [thumbsup]
Check out the dealer also, they have a 1098 in the show room.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts