Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, don't flame me too hard if this is a redundant question. I have a 2002 620ie with 1400mi. Lately I

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
Needs Bleeding.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What kind of oil are you running? Since you have a wet clutch the type of oil could be the culprit. :-/
Motul 20-50 P3000

Glad to hear that this sounds familiar to folks.

Thanks Everyone, it's going in to the shop asap, I'll post the results!

S

·
0 Posts
i'll second the "needs bleeding" notion. as the motor heats up, and the fluids get warmer in all the lines (including the clutch line from master -> slave cylinders), any air trapped in the line also heats up, and starts to expand (as gasses do under temp). the expanding air takes up more volume in the line and translates into a "mushy" feel in the lever.
bleed bleed bleed some more. if your master cylinder has a banjo, bleed there as well as at the slave and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, here's the scoop: The shop says that they find nothing wrong/odd about my clutch. The guy says that it could be a combination of sitting in a bit of traffic, riding the clutch, hot bike. Okay, I buy it.
Thanks for the input folks...

S

·
0 Posts
I had a prob with my clutch after I bought my bike. Mine felt really easy to pull and would not engage well. It got worse as the engine got hot. I took it to the dealer and at first they told me it was fine. It was obvious something was wrong so the next day I took it in and dropped it off. They bled the fluid and got rid of a air bubble.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts