Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for all the contributors on this forum. Got the akrapovic to complete the package yesterday

Attachments

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Looks good man. I really like the looks of the Akrapovic exhaust.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Gonna paint the chicken wings?

Been thinking about doing mine.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chicken wings ?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
AKA the giant factory rearsets.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh yeah. That IS an eyesore. What paint would you recommend. Seems like it needs something durable like powder coating or something

·
Registered
974 Posts
Looks good -- streetfighter-like, but IMO many of the silver bits need to be turned black to be truly murdered out.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
oh yeah. That IS an eyesore. What paint would you recommend. Seems like it needs something durable like powder coating or something
I prefer powder coating. Very durable and fairly easy to match the other black on your bike. Make sure you find someone that powder coats bikes or something along those lines. If you use an industrial powder coater, they will likely spray it on really heavy and it won't look good.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Gonna paint the chicken wings?

Been thinking about doing mine.
Get aftermarket rearsets; OEM ones gotta go unless you have a passenger. I picked up some Ducabike ones for M750, love the way they look

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
chicken wings gone

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
very nice man!! you need to paint the headlight part in black, change levers to black! :) can you take more pictures of what you are using for rear sets?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Done and Done. :)

Its the rearsets from a M1100. Went through some trail and error for that. First tried the S4R rearset and then finally this. Getting rid of the chicken wing was worth the effort

LMK, if you need help with the instructions etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
more..

more pics of the "murdering process"

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts