Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you missed this ride, you missed the biggest SFBMHA event so far. We had a total of 27 bikes (or was that 28 ) along for some or all of the ride. 18 Monsters, 2 other Ducatis, and a variety of others who we were happy to have along. Please forgive me for not remembering very many names.

Photos are already posted at: http://www.sfbmha.com/cgi-bin/ids/i...=/Ride Photos/East Bay/16-Aug-2003 Mt. Diablo

There were no casualties. We had one obstinate master cylinder on the "Sparkle Monster", but thanks to a good set of tools on one of the non-Ducatis we were able to get the bike through the whole ride. Out of the four groups, group 3 got lost after the good stuff on Marsh road and took a detour through Stockton. Group 4 found a shortcut to Collier Canyon right at the end, pulling in front of groups 1 and 2. Sorry for those of you in group 2 who were waiting for them to point out the correct turn. :(

We finished up at In-N-Out in Pleasanton with a few talking about getting some more twisties in on Mines Road or a few other interesting roads in the area. Thanks to those who came in from the central valley to join us.

Please post comments about the ride under this topic.

(Oh, and if you're a female rider with a black Monster with carbon tank protector, send me an e-mail note and I'll send you the photo I took at the initial meeting place.)

Here's a sample photo of your fearless leader at the top of Mt. Diablo.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
http://www.sfbmha.Re: Mt. Diablo ride is a success

all in all, had a great time! our group got side-tracked but we managed to polish up some lane-splitting skills on the Altamont Pass!

Scott - great photo-journal of today's ride!

anyone else who has pix from today's ride please email them to me and I'll post them for you.

click HERE for the Mt Diablo ride pix in the SFBMHA Photo Section.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hey All,

That was a great ride!

Here are some pics I took and put up on my site. Daffe, feel free to take what you like for the photo album!

http://home.comcast.net/~p.keezer/photo.htm

Ride Safe (maybe see a few of you at ZietGiest tonight!)

Borg Girl

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thanks, Scott, for taking the lead on this one-- fun roads, very little gravel, one CHP officer (pre-occupied with someone else fortunately).

Nice to meet y'all who are new (or I've simply missed before). I think Daffe deliberately took a different route to keep the ride a little bit longer. Did you ever notice the mileage specs on his Monster? See what I mean!

S

·
0 Posts
Who all was in group 4, Cesar, Sarah, Borg Girl, Rock Star, Sparkle girl (name please), sweeper guy (name please), sweeper guys friend on the monster (name please), and maybe a guy on a yellow monster (name please) who rode like a racer?

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Borg Girl - I'll take a look-see and post them for you. (they're uploaded)

btw, anyone with movie files, i can post on the photo album as well.

FearLu - Guess you caught me on the mileage thing! we decided to do some Lane-Splitting practice on the ride so we took a detour.

Sarah - here's the info for you on the Group 4 riders:

Cesar, Sarah, Borg Girl, Rock Star, Sparkle girl (BarbaraBee), sweeper guy (name please), sweeper guys friend on the monster (name please), and maybe a guy on a yellow monster (Juan) who rode like a racer?

not sure about the others. Description of bikes of the un-named riders would help out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sarah & Daffe,
I think I was the other monster guy in Group 4 = Brad.
I was riding the red monster w/ the hi-mount exhausts.
The racer's name I believe was Mike. Great rider.
I had a really good time. Thanks for setting it up. Sorry I had to leave early (the golf went well), but I'm glad I missed the side trip to Stockton ;). Very good pictures too.

- Brad

·
Registered
316 Posts
Barbarabee!
I'll email you separately, but I'm sorry we had to go before you got back from the store. I felt bad for leaving you alone. How was your trip home?
Cesar.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There were two yellow Monsters that showed up. Juan has the one with no visible rear license plate because it's up underneath. The other one was described by the owner as a Rat Bike, with no front fender and a bit ragged looking.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Thank you Paul Dent for taking a cheery band of 8 of us from In-n-out on a merry chase through some beautiful back roads that ultimately led us to Zeitgeist in the Mission. Funky old place to meet the NEW crowd. Paula joined us there. Fillmore, Laura, Jeff and Karen decided not to meet us but instead chose to stay at their hotel and haunt the Red Lounge(correct name?). So...we decided to crash Their party. It was awesome to go to such a swanky place in hooligan atire! What a blast to ride around SF on a crowded Sat nite on motorcycles!
I got home at midnight and watched the rest of Sat nt live and to bed. Slept in longer than my 18yr old!
Cesar

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
i've been following the dml for three years but never got around to join a ride because of my hectic schedule. i would usually go riding alone at the last hours of daylight on sundays. it was great to take the plunge and ride with a group of all around cool people. i was on paul's group that took the hills on the way back to sf which was a spirited ride and a memorable group experience. when we got to the city i split and headed home, drank tons of water and declared myself out of commission.

thanks to everyone who helped organizing it and stuck through. looking forward to more days like this!

·
Registered
316 Posts
It was good meeting you Syvan. I look forward to other rides with you.

BlackWing- That will be $1.00.

Cesar.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
I think maybe I should change my screen name to SparkleGrrl ;D, I made it home safe and sound...just stayed off the front brake, which goes against almost everything I know about motorcycles and braking! Hopefully I don't get any new bad habits as a result.

I got home, parked the bike with the EVIL front brakes, crawled into bed to relax a little bit and woke up an hour later with drool on the sheets.

Great fun! Thanks to everyone for their help, particularly my main man with the vice grips and the rag!

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
I had a great time on this ride!! Even though I was the one who was waiting at Collier Cnyn for about 10 mins :-[ All in all I think it was very successful and we should get together again soon!

X

·
0 Posts
This ride was a blast! I'm really looking forward to the next one!! It was great meeting all of you...

Good times indeed :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts