Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just finished up. time to go for a celebratory ride i guess!

·
Registered
915 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'll second the congratulatory remarks. Now go out and practice what you learned and ride carefully. Congratulations again.

quack quack

·
Registered
447 Posts
Awesome! What do you remember most from the course?

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what i remember most...

The overall awareness, responsibility, and mental toughness it takes to be safe which will help develop good riding habits that will in time become natural life saving practices.

That and the actors in the MSF video need help...ive havent seen such cappy performances since Gigli.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Good for you! zaen! Go out and ride... have fun! and be safe!!!! ;D

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So, what do you want, a cookie?

Just yankin your chain!;)

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now take the Advanced Rider Course, that's the fun one... :) Wait until you know your bike really well, there's some difficult stuff and yes, you do the advanced course on your own bike, good stuff!

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Congrats! You are starting off right!

Practice their drills in your favorite empty parking lot!

Rideon

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
I go in June. It seems a bit daunting that you spend weekend in a parking lot and then you are free to hit the city streets. Oh well everyone says its the best thing since slice bread so back to school I go.

Kudos to you!

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
i won't say you are ready to hit the streets after the MSF course (though you may). but you will be better prepared than people are when they get their license to drive a car. if you stay within your limits, you should be OK.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Staying within limits is KEY. Ive been riding total about one year....various scooters upto 150cc and now my Duc for 4 months. I still respect the "machine" and its power and stay WELL within my abilities at this time....especially in the corners. I practice what I learned from the course in my head and with my body and I make slight improvments all the time.
I'm curious that the whole "leaning" thing was rather natural to me and I wonder if that comes from years spent mountain bike riding/racing...seems somewhat relative....'cept for the huge difference in weight...

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I'm curious that the whole "leaning" thing was rather natural to me and I wonder if that comes from years spent mountain bike riding/racing...seems somewhat relative....'cept for the huge difference in weight...
I think a lot of people would agree that competive bicycle riding helps your skills as a MC rider. Things like balance, leaning, locking up front / rear brakes, watching for road hazards, watching for sand / gravel so your wheel doesn't wash out ...

Also, it seems a fair amount of MC riders share the same love of being outdoors, activity, engineering, and freedom as bicyclist. Lance Armstrong is an avid MC rider too.

mitt

1 - 19 of 19 Posts