Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Just finished the MSF course (in Hollywood). Now all I have to do is wait for the certificate and take the written at the DMV. I can't wait!

I have a motorcycle license in Japan and used to ride there, so this was kind of a refresher course for me. However, it was very helpful and taught me a lot of things I didn't pay much attention to. It was also interesting to see the difference in what and how they teach students over here compared to Japan. It was a good experience and I would recommend it to anyone.

How was the course for you guys? Was it helpful?

- Jiro

M

·
0 Posts
Absolutely. Plus, my instructor was smokin! But, alas, she only riders the c-rockets...

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you go to Hollywood? Then I know who you're talking about. I agree. She was smokin'! Probably the only thing I would miss...

M

·
0 Posts
Ah, but Spaceman, "pretty" is all around you, everyday. They should emphasize in MSF to keep your eyes on the road and not get distracted by all the candy around you... ;)

S

·
0 Posts
I guess they taught me well then. ::) There was this "candy" there.. but she got kicked out the first day :'(

·
Registered
53 Posts
Anyone taken the MSF in North Hollywood @ Valley College? I'm enrolled for next weekend.

X

·
0 Posts
I took it, had a funny Irish instructor, good guy. Smokin' chic?? well there was the head instructor's daughter...

M

·
0 Posts
Nah, dude... head instructor's assistant. (At least that's what he said - maybe he was just being protective :)) I guess when I own a few hundred bikes, I will expect no less than the finest (moto ridin') assistant as well. ;D

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, found out none of the Ducati dealers in my neck of the woods reimburse you for the courses. Bummer!

Anyone had any luck with this?

M

·
0 Posts
You'd be lucky if you could find an insurance company that recognized the MSF course (for a discount). As far as I know, Progressive is the only one that gives a rat's ass, but they're the most expensive! :p

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know they have 4 day courses and 3 day courses. I don't think they have 1 day courses. That's too much training to stuff in a day. From what I saw, if they don't kick you out within the first 30 minutes of the riding portion of the class, you'll make it through.

X

·
0 Posts
I think the shortest class they have is one that goes Friday night, all of Saturday, and Sunday morning. Its an 18 hour class 8 in the classroom and 10 on the range.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
108gnfytr -
I'm from Tokyo. Got my license in the "400 and under" class. Are you serious about the 1 day course in Japan? Was it a simple "skill development" course, or was it for a lisence?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No, I found a job here 10 yrs ago. Been living here since. Okinawa? Were you in the service?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts