Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Just finished the MSF course (in Hollywood). Now all I have to do is wait for the certificate and take the written at the DMV. I can't wait!

I have a motorcycle license in Japan and used to ride there, so this was kind of a refresher course for me. However, it was very helpful and taught me a lot of things I didn't pay much attention to. It was also interesting to see the difference in what and how they teach students over here compared to Japan. It was a good experience and I would recommend it to anyone.

How was the course for you guys? Was it helpful?

- Jiro

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you go to Hollywood? Then I know who you're talking about. I agree. She was smokin'! Probably the only thing I would miss...

G

·
Ah, but Spaceman, "pretty" is all around you, everyday. They should emphasize in MSF to keep your eyes on the road and not get distracted by all the candy around you... ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Anyone taken the MSF in North Hollywood @ Valley College? I'm enrolled for next weekend.

G

·
I took it, had a funny Irish instructor, good guy. Smokin' chic?? well there was the head instructor's daughter...

G

·
Nah, dude... head instructor's assistant. (At least that's what he said - maybe he was just being protective :)) I guess when I own a few hundred bikes, I will expect no less than the finest (moto ridin') assistant as well. ;D

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, found out none of the Ducati dealers in my neck of the woods reimburse you for the courses. Bummer!

Anyone had any luck with this?

G

·
You'd be lucky if you could find an insurance company that recognized the MSF course (for a discount). As far as I know, Progressive is the only one that gives a rat's ass, but they're the most expensive! :p

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know they have 4 day courses and 3 day courses. I don't think they have 1 day courses. That's too much training to stuff in a day. From what I saw, if they don't kick you out within the first 30 minutes of the riding portion of the class, you'll make it through.

G

·
I think the shortest class they have is one that goes Friday night, all of Saturday, and Sunday morning. Its an 18 hour class 8 in the classroom and 10 on the range.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
108gnfytr -
I'm from Tokyo. Got my license in the "400 and under" class. Are you serious about the 1 day course in Japan? Was it a simple "skill development" course, or was it for a lisence?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No, I found a job here 10 yrs ago. Been living here since. Okinawa? Were you in the service?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts