Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I just got done with the Idaho STAR msf safety class. I PASSED WITH FARKIN FLYIN COLORS!!

I am pretty pumped because now i am completly endorsed and am actually comfortable on a bike.

Now the hard part, buying a motorcycle. I have to wait bout 2 months till i graduate and git a full time job to buy a bike. I qualified for financing on an 03 suzuki sv but since researching and more importantly, talking with some of your here, i decided to wait and git a 03 or 04 620. I will be lurking on the boards till then and just wanted to say i will be a part of the community soon.

Thanks for the help so far and for the help to come!

Patrick

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
when you get the bike, be careful and practice. good luck

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
congrats,2 months will fly and it will all worth it.
And it will be summer too.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Trust me, it doesn't just fly by....

congrats,2 months will fly and it will all worth it.
And it will be summer too.
I put a deposit on my bike while waiting for some business deals to close and pay me so I could finish buying my bike. It doesn't just fly by...every nice day has been hell. ;)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats on the course and your future new bike!

620 is a good bike! Go for the '04 ie - 6 speed trans alone is worth it.

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
The MSF class is great, should make you a better rider. However, like any other type of class, the instructors are too caught up on riding what they believe to be the "correct" way. Yes, they are right most of the time, but there is always more than one method to get something done. Especially when it comes to something like riding...

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks everyone!

I feel the same way bout the instructors and personal riding style. Thats why i picked up Profecient Riding and Street Strategies to add to the knowledge.

My roommate has an ex500 and he lets me take it out to parking lots and backroads to practice. thats basically what i will be doin for the next two months.

and the weather here is sunny and 70. damn!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts