Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received in my beutiful new rearset (MS monster rearset item# DP13024 )from motowheels this week and noticed two differance that comncerned me. I contacted the guys at Moto Wheels for support but this place has never did me wrong.
The first concern was the brake switch but Motowheels offers a bango mounted peice for $20 bucks but that is no big deal.
The second concern that I have is the return spring on the new unit, there is no spring for the brake pedal. Does anyone have an S4 that has repalced the stock rearsets that could enlighten me? Does the rear master cylinder need a spring on the lever or will this cause it to stick?

G

·
neither never been an issue on my ride... just needed a longer rear brake line (needed partially due to Arrow high mount exhaust). didn't even bother with the rear brake switch...

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does your rear brake light work without it? I will defintely need a rear brake light to pass Massachusetts inspection.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
i3ui3man said:
Does your rear brake light work without it? I will defintely need a rear brake light to pass Massachusetts inspection.
Last I knew, MarkV was in Florida, and I don't think they have inspections there.

You'll need some kind of switch to activate your brakelight.
If you're handy, there are numerous switches available from Japanese bikes that can be made to work.

Myself, I'd want a return spring on the pedal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts