Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
most likely...
my girlfriend lives there and I'm trying to get a job and move on up... I live in San Francisco now. there's a pretty decent contingent of riders down here and lots of opportunities for group rides, meets, etc. just wondering what it's like up in seattle.
thanks for any words of wisdom and the like.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
there are several folks here that are from that area as well

czaja just moved up there and probably has a good line on the whole process of moving to seattle

·
Registered
34 Posts
If you decide on the move and ever up for a ride leave me a message. I'm just about 20 min. south of Seattle. I have a 07 Monster 695 dark just like yours.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
My wife and I moved up from SF 4 years ago. Drop me a PM when you arrive...we live in the north Ballard area. There are lots of people up here willing to ride!

Jeremy

·
Registered
881 Posts
3LUXE said:
If you decide on the move and ever up for a ride leave me a message. I'm just about 20 min. south of Seattle. I have a 07 Monster 695 dark just like yours.
Thats sweet, you'll be like those couples you always see at the mall that are dressed the same...
or
Will it be like showing up to a party waring the same dress, I hate when that happens. Wyrd, mother and duwd are alway doing that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JJGeo said:
My wife and I moved up from SF 4 years ago. Drop me a PM when you arrive...we live in the north Ballard area. There are lots of people up here willing to ride!

Jeremy
Awesome, that sounds great... my girlfriend lives in Ballard (Market and 15th area)... I really like it there and in Fremont.... both are pretty cool neighborhoods.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and offers for rides... I'll definitely throw around some PMs when I make my way up there. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
JJGeo said:

Jeremy
For some strange reason i thought you lived outside Tacoma

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Six months ago I lived in the city but now live across the pond on the Eastside. If you make it up here we'll have to ride. Dunno why the Portland people think they're the only ones that do that. /shrug [laugh]

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
c_rex said:
Six months ago I lived in the city but now live across the pond on the Eastside. If you make it up here we'll have to ride. Dunno why the Portland people think they're the only ones that do that. /shrug [laugh]
OIC now its an us vs them thing 8)

actually if you look back at the history

this board was primarily Seattle folk

and a bunch of them broke off and formed DesmoNW

then this board pretty much died

it was just a few of us posting here and we were all portland area folk

so now whenever somebody posts up from seattle they always get the

desmoNW direction from somebody

and actually most of the portland folk bailed to join Ducati Pacifica

so here all we have left is the back 'o' the bus

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I like the back of the bus! Honestly I like Portland a lot too. I was just teasin' because the Portland crew is always talking about their rides and hangin' out and those of us in Seattle (on this board anyhow) never talk about any o' that. I tip my hat to your unity. I'm seriously glad to hear that Monster riders are moving here. I might actually get to ride with someone someday with whom I have something in common. I gave up riding with the Microtards I work with because of their propensity to find themselves in ditches after a straight away ends.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So the trigger has been pulled... I have a job and I'll be up in Seattle in two weeks. My bike, unfortunately, won't make the trip for another month (once I've found a place of my own and am not living in my girlfriend's studio apartment).
Looking forward to it... I'm up here today and it's one of those rare blue sky days... I've seen a bunch of riders out. Saw three guys at 15th and Market in Ballard doing the pre-ride gas-up. One of them was on what looked like an S2R. Making me miss my bike :'(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts