Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moving to town from Chicago to work at Hollywood BMW motorcycles. looking to ride or hang with other Ducati owners in the area. will be in town on november 7th or 8th depending on the drive to Phoenix to pick up some furniture, than to Hermosa.. Looking foward to meeting some yous guys!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,745 Posts
pfft.. there's only 1 ducati rider in hermosa... and he's kind of a jackass...





[cheeky]

kiddin. welcome! moving just in time i see.... [thumbsup]

once you get to town c'mon out to IBN2. (go to the last page.)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,125 Posts
Welcome [thumbsup]

I'm just around the corner in Redondo Beach & I'm a smart ass [laugh]


Head up to IBN sometime & they'll peel off those reflectors for ya ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,761 Posts
gm2 said:
pfft.. there's only 1 ducati rider in hermosa... and he's kind of a jackass...
that would be me...



where in hermosa? not that it matters... the whole city is only like 1.3mi sq.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,796 Posts
Hermosa is the Watts of the South Bay! [cheeky]

Just a heads up, if you're working in Hollywood the commute frome Hermosa, even on two wheels, is gonna be tough.

You might want to consider another location if you're not married to Hermosa. The South Bay is an awesome place to live just a hella long way from Hollywood.

Anyway, hit us up when you arrive. We'll show you the slow way through the Malibu canyons!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,761 Posts
GregP said:
Hermosa is the Watts of the South Bay! [cheeky]

Just a heads up, if you're working in Hollywood the commute frome Hermosa, even on two wheels, is gonna be tough.

You might want to consider another location if you're not married to Hermosa. The South Bay is an awesome place to live just a hella long way from Hollywood.

Anyway, hit us up when you arrive. We'll show you the slow way through the Malibu canyons!
live where you wanna live, even if the commute sucks. ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
Hollywood BMW. Thats where I bought my Duc and it's a city like yours. Anyways, coming from Chi. your gonna love our winters. You'll probably be riding christmas day. Welcome.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GregP said:
Hermosa is the Watts of the South Bay! [cheeky]

Just a heads up, if you're working in Hollywood the commute frome Hermosa, even on two wheels, is gonna be tough.

You might want to consider another location if you're not married to Hermosa. The South Bay is an awesome place to live just a hella long way from Hollywood.

Anyway, hit us up when you arrive. We'll show you the slow way through the Malibu canyons!
I ride 70 miles round trip dailey to and from work every day. 1 1/2 hours by car. a little less on the bike(lane splitting is illegal. 250$ ticket x 3). I dont stop riding until it hits 20 degrees. so it will be nice to be where I can swim in the middle of the winter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,660 Posts
Splitting is legal here in CA but I wouldn't suggest splitting until you've been on the road for at least 2 or 3 days so you're familiar with what road conditions are like in the area. Stay safe and welcome to the state.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,128 Posts
[thumbsup]

Welcome, LittleMoney !
November 8th is just around the corner....looking forward to meeting you and hopefully riding.
Hermosa is good...especially if you're single and looking for some party time.
Manhattan would be a bit closer to work; not much though. Are you locked into a location ?


..................................BD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,796 Posts
lucazuma said:
...wellcome friend! see you at IBN !!

derby' now you have a riding buddy to RIdE up with... ::)
Don't forget me. I can show him the way to IBN in 18-24 months from today! [thumbsup]

PS Compared to a 1 1/2 hour commute I guess you'll be ok. Lane splitting will make it a breeze. Only caveat is that both Hermosa and Hollywood BMW/Honda are not what you'd call freeway "close"!

Anyway, Hermosa is an excellent choice for living quarters. One more South Bay rider to add to our Phantom Ducati Club!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,761 Posts
GregP said:
Don't forget me. I can show him the way to IBN in 18-24 months from today! [thumbsup]

PS Compared to a 1 1/2 hour commute I guess you'll be ok. Lane splitting will make it a breeze. Only caveat is that both Hermosa and Hollywood BMW/Honda are not what you'd call freeway "close"!

Anyway, Hermosa is an excellent choice for living quarters. One more South Bay rider to add to our Phantom Ducati Club!
yeah.. when the hell are we gonna meet at barnacles for a burger?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,761 Posts
GregP said:
When my "manager" clears me for such events!

We'd love to have you on one of our Sunrise rides!

How about a MotoGP Finals party at GusDuc's?
either that, or i'll host... hell, i'll hook the computer back up to the flatscreen and we can watch the un-speedtv-ified version. ;D
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top