Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all,

I posted a while back under another name about moving to DC. wasn't sure when I was going at that time though. It's for sure now, and it looks like I'll be planning to arrive somewhere between late Nov and late Dec.

If anybody knows of a relatively inexpensive 1 bedroom apartment somewhere in or sorta close to Reston, I'd certainly be interested. In-law unit above a garage could potentially be fine, too. Just putting it out there ;)

Looking forward to going to some CAM events in the future! Looks like you folks are pretty active.

·
Registered
523 Posts
What's a garage? :p

Are you working in Reston? What is your price range? You could probably find some around $900 shared to $1300. There are new spot coming up for the Metro, so prices are rising. There are some developments on Glade that you might want to avoid. If you like an "old town" feel, Herndon can be nice, but a few block from that, too, are crummy neighborhoods.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Just FYI

If your at all interested in buying rather than renting there are som excellent deals on new townhomes out here in Ashburn/Dulles especially from Toll Brothers and Centex

·
Registered
76 Posts
If you don't mind having a roommate, give craig's list a try - I've had good luck finding people with house/2br condo looking to rent out an extra bedroom. Currently I've got the lovely benefit of a full garage and pay less than $800 / mo with all utilities inc. cable and internet. Hard to beat that in this area without owning yourself.

It's also only 6 miles from where I work in Reston [thumbsup]

·
Registered
74 Posts
Genuine said:
.... There are new spot coming up for the Metro, so prices are rising.
Funny you mentioned the metro system, because there's an article from the Washpost describing how "... the Tysons leg would open to riders in 2012. The line would reach the airport and Loudoun County by 2015."

Don't get wrong, i love the metro and public transport, but 2012?! We might have teleportation by then!

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
rtheman said:
Funny you mentioned the metro system, because there's an article from the Washpost describing how "... the Tysons leg would open to riders in 2012. The line would reach the airport and Loudoun County by 2015."

Don't get wrong, i love the metro and public transport, but 2012?! We might have teleportation by then!
Yup, just like we are all using flying cars and have been since the year 2000.

·
Registered
915 Posts
rtheman said:

Don't worry its much worse than you think. Doesn't getting federal funding released for public improvements take an act of Congress? I doubt they'll hit the 2015 date....a few years ago they were saying 2011 for the Airport station. The really bad thing is that for every day lost waiting for the Tysons stops is another day lost for the other "upstream" stops, namely Dulles Airport & Loudoun Valley Estates. Last I heard the issue was them trying to decide if the want above ground station or below ground station at Tysons.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Genuine said:
Sorry, but Herndon is for people who hate immigrants, change, and space exploration. Keep looking nearby.
care to explain where the negativity is coming from? I'm totally ignorant about the area. Why does Herndon seem to get a bad wrap? I'm looking for a relatively modest (priced/sized) place in a tolerable environment.

G

·
Uh yeah, I live in Herndon thank you very much.

But if your looking in Herndon check out Dulles Greene. http://www.dullesgreene.com/home.html

It the apt complex I live in. I picked it not cause I love Herndon, but because they have apt's with attached garages. I have a 2 bdr apt with an atached 1 car (or multi bike) garage. [thumbsup]

Also, if you like it, put me in for a resident referral, it can save me $300 off a months rent.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.