Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today my brandnew CF desmoworld exhaust arrived today at my doorstep. Looks very nice and high quality. Only problem I have is that I can't grasp how to use the metal thingies-under-the-seat-thingies... Has anybody mounted an similar exhaust system? How do these brackets attach to the frame? Pics?

Thanks

·
Registered
682 Posts
I have the Desmoworld exhaust with stainless cans. Here are some pics of it mounted. I had to use some electrical tape to build up the space around my frame so the clamps would work. I would recommend putting some tape on you frame to keep from scratching it. I also bought some longer bolt to hold the clamps to the muffler. The bolts that came with the exhaust were too short once I put the tape on the frame.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
some rubber electrical tape does well where jones has mentioned, I didn't find I needed longer bolts on my install so YMMV...

I ended up using some of the rubber wire straps that I pulled off from other parts of the frame and using those to shim up the mounts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the response, but the clamps that came with mine don't really look like yours. Mine don't go all the way round the frame. They have a round part and a straight part. I'll post a pic when I have one.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Blackice said:
Thanks for the response, but the clamps that came with mine don't really look like yours. Mine don't go all the way round the frame. They have a round part and a straight part. I'll post a pic when I have one.
yeah, post some pics please, fwiw, the mounts had to be bent around the frame to look like that, they come relatively straight...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got it! I had to bend the mounts around the frame like you said. Now everything is just fine and dandy!
Man, what a sound! It's pretty cold around here for this time of year, but I still went roaring. Had to listen to it! ;D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, the carbon comes out real nice with the silver. It's the same colors that always come back, the black and silver, but what I think that does the trick are the white wheels. They really lighten up the bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts