Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey folks, I thought i'd post it here since its closer to home.

Has anyone modded their Monster to have hi-mounted pipes similar to the Staintune kit ?

I want to mount my Termi's up high just to be different, and also stops me from clipping car bumper bars while lane splitting. ;D

I've been looking at it for a while now, I do believe spacers are needed to be mounted on the pillion peg structures to push them out a bit to allow the pipes to pass between it and the swing arm.

I am just thinking of having an exhaust place fabricate one and also remove the funny 4-way piping assembly where all the pipes converge. (not that there will be performance gains i've been told by bigiain).

Has anyone done this locally ?
Can you post up pics ?

G

·
I have not heard of anyone doing this, so I assume that it may end up being not worth the money.... But please let us know if you go down the path of investigating...

I would look into trying to sell your pipes and buy some high mounts.... It may end up being cheaper in the long run, not to mention a whole lot less hassle than getting something fabricated ......

And I'm sure we could find someone here looking for low mount termis for a reasonable price ;D
For fear of potential future retribution, I will not mention the DMLr that immediately came to mind >:D I have already made my point regarding louder pipes more than I should have!

·
Registered
476 Posts
G

·
r_usty said:
Hi ****,

I bought a set of Ducati Performance high pipes and had them on my 620. They worked a treat and look pretty cool!!

I have them for sale on ebay if you are interested (I now have an S2R 1000 [cheeky])- otherwise at least this will give you a look at hoe it is done.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI...MESE:IT&viewitem=&item=120054564379&rd=1&rd=1

Chears

R_usty
r_usty, if those are the DP remus made pipes, they have an AWESOME note! I miss my (lucky) DP remus', but the arrows are [email protected]$king cool as well [thumbsup]

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rusty . . you want $900 for them hey !! hmmmmm

I wonder how much i can off load my Termi's for ????? :-\

I do have $400 paypal credits sitting in my paypal account . . .
hmmmmm :-\

hmmmmm :-\

·
Registered
476 Posts
goldFiSh said:
r_usty, if those are the DP remus made pipes, they have an AWESOME note! I miss my (lucky) DP remus', but the arrows are [email protected]$king cool as well [thumbsup]

Yep they are and they do sound really cool - They are loud!!!

Let me knowyour thoughts - I am happy to do a deal with DML guys before they sell on e-bay - PM me if you are interested!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts