Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The DP belly pan that I received from Motowheels did not include any mounting hardware (bummer - the price was good though). They seem to think that four 40mm socket head cap screws are required.

Can anyone confirm this? Thanks.

http://www.motowheels.com/italian/images/lg655581812.jpg

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have no idea, but I am just throwing this out there... Is it possible the bolts are already on the bike, and you just have to remove them, put the belly pan inplace, and reinsert screws??? like I said I have no idea, just tossing this out...

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
I got the same pan from red racing and it came with all the mounting hardware. Seems Motowheels should have the same. The hardware is fairly specialized in that it has brackets which takes two bolts each, one to hold the pan on and extend the pan way from the engine and one to bolt onto the engine to keep it away from the stock rear sets... Does that make any sense?

M

·
0 Posts
Contact Stephano at 916.369.2509. The mounting brackets were usually taped to the bottom of the belly pan. There was a batch of belly pans that were missing hardware--they sent us more brackets to give to people that were missing them.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got the brackets. They did come with the belly pan but bolts did not. The stock bolts cannot be used since the brackets require about a 15mm longer bolt. I guess I'll have to pull the stockers out and measure them then order 15mm longer ones....

·
Registered
110 Posts
I Have the same pan and it mounted with the brackets and the stock bolts. You shouldn't have to order longer bolts.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info Mike, I dunno about doing that though. I guess I'll have to take a closer peek at everything. I'm a little leary about adding 15mm woth of material and not lengthening the bolts that hold it all together. In effect, it sounds like your asking 3mm worth of thread to do the job of 15mm. I'll have to take a closer look....

·
Registered
829 Posts
I got longer bolts for my install too, to be on the safe side.
I also found that the part around the kickstand fitted better if that bracket was bent inward somewhat to provide more clearance. Don't bend it while on the bike though, I'd be afraid of damaging the casing.
I also got some rubber o rings and used them in the bolts holding the CF. Didn't want the part to break due to vibration or overtightening.
You can also get some vinyl edge trim and put it around the edges where cables and hoses come close to the pan.
And you can epoxy some brass screens in the duct openings.
And don't forget the flag sticker....

It goes on and on. I love the Monster....

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the tip Battlecry. I did some measuring and found that I need three 6x40mm and one 6x45mm bolts to mount the pan. As a matter of fact, I just placed an order with racebolts.com....

My winter project is almost done. If only my DP short tail kit and billet blinkers would arrive.........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts