Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any body ever used these clip ons
http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myProducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=38%7CAluminum%20Billet&productID=2942&showDetail=1&categoryID=45|Ducati%20Monster%20Billet&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=38%7CAluminum%20Billet

i am looking at buying them for a 98 m900 and mounting them above the triple clamp. any pros cons of them
I have looked at the cyclecat clip ons, they are just a little pricey for my liking.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've had them on my bike for about three years now without the risers and mounted above the triple. I never tried them with the risers, but i think for the money they are great. More agressive riding position, and the bike is more stable.

Hope that helps.
Laz

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks alot, that was what i was looking for. I just wanted to make sure they were good quality and worked out above the triple.
Did you have to change out any of your controls, master cylinders etc?

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
kirby said:
thanks alot, that was what i was looking for. I just wanted to make sure they were good quality and worked out above the triple.
Did you have to change out any of your controls, master cylinders etc?
I have the Motowheels on my '98. You will have to relocate your turn signals if you haven't already. If you have the nose fairing on then the brake master cylinder reservoir will hit it. Stupid me, it took me a while to realize the brake reservoir is taller than the clutch reservoir.

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
i have them and have used them both with and without the risers.
i like em, when some dude backed into my bike it tweeked the clipons wich resulted in stripping out the hole for the clamp.

i just got a longer bolt, re-drilled and tapped and i was good to go
[thumbsup] [thumbsup]

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've got them and love em. i actually mounted mine upside down, and have got better turnsignals that i mounted more forward so i could rotate the clutch and brake levers more downward.
I first put them on right side up and they were very comfortable. i just wanted as aggressive a stance as i could get for the twisties...

This is an old picture that displays them best:

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
I made aluminum brackets that attach to the headlight mounts. They work for now but I may change them later. Maybe, maybe not. We'll see.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts