Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone had a positive experience with motovationusa.com? I ask this question because I ordered a sc-project exhaust from the company 5 weeks ago for my 1100 evo and they do not provide me with status updates. They did tell me when I ordered that they did not have the product on hand and it would take 4-6 weeks for delivery. When I try to get a status update I have to call twice. If I call and leave a message it isn't returned. The first call is never answered and they will pick up if you call directly after on the second call. Not answering the phone, lack of communication, and failure to update me on the status of my order has got me seriously reconsidering dealing with them.

Add update from talking with Motovation USA 3/25/13

Nate from Motovation USA called me today and is willing to refund my money and give me a courtesy call when the exhaust arrives to place the order if I choose. They are working towards having better communication with sc-project to provide customers with better information regarding orders from sc-project. I am pleased with this outcome and the way Nate handled the situation.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been pleased with their products and their service; however, I've never had to wait that long for a non-stocked item to arrive, and they're only about 5 miles from my house.

jD
I'm glad you've had good experiences with them. I will hold out a little that my order will be completed and no further issues will arise from my order. I sent an email to them and I will update this thread when I hear more. The email I sent is below.

On March 28th (6 weeks after my order) I'd like a full refund of my order *if* I do not have a tracking number confirming you have shipped my order to me. If this becomes more of an issue I will get my Bank involved and file a complaint with the BBB.

My dealing with "Motovation Accessories LLC" has not been a pleasant experience. Three (3) weeks after my purchase I received a phone call from someone at "Motovation Accessories LLC" stating my order had shipped from Italy and would be on its way to me soon. I received a call 30 minutes later stating the person was mistaken and my order had not shipped yet. Since then I have called once a week for a status update. If I leave a voicemail it isn't returned. The only way for me to get in touch with someone is to call two (2) times back to back. It seems that this company screens phone calls and to me that seems like a dishonest way of doing business. When I do speak with someone they say they will update me by the end of the week and I never receive a call back with an update. I'm seeing a pattern with the way this company is doing business that I do not like it and it makes me very concerned to have chosen to do business with you.

· Registered
42 Posts
I've made numerous purchases from them in the past couple years and all were great transaction with good customer service. However, my last recent purchase I've had to reach out via email a couple times to get a status update but they managed to respond and worked it out for me. There will always be unforeseen issues so I gave them a break. I would definitely recommend them to anyone.

I'm sure yours was a special case since they did tell you upfront that the item wasn't in stock.

· Registered
37 Posts
I purchased a SC project exhaust from these guys for my 1100 evo....I placed the order on line. The next morning I received a call that the exhaust is made in Italy and it would be a 4 to 5 week lead time.

I email once at 4 weeks, which was responded to the same day, answered my question, "any word on the exhaust?" I called back a week and half later, answered first time.
They told me the exhaust was on it's way and as soon as they receive it they would ship it out the same day.

They called me when the shipment arrived an offered me free 3 day free shipping for the delay in the order.
I give them A+++ for customer service.

I say, be patient, this product is being made in another country on another continent...I would expect delays. They were up front with you on the lead time, they didn't BS you about it.

· Registered
651 Posts
I've never bought anything from them, because the site sponsors here always get me a better price.

· Registered
46 Posts
I'm also waiting on a sc exhaust from them but expected from day one to wait a while. No bike parts from Italy ever seems to be on time in my experience. I'm sure once sc project ships the exhaust to the us motivation will turn it around quickly.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've never bought anything from them, because the site sponsors here always get me a better price.
Motovation USA was the only place in the US that I found that deals with sc-project. I mostly order from monsterparts.com and cannot say enough good things about Jeff.

I'm glad I haven't heard of anyone on here having a bad experience with them.

My main problem with them has been the lack of communication. I don't think it is unreasonable that I call once a week for a status update. If they would've communicated with me more recently I would probably be more understanding than I am now. Even if that communication would've been along the lines of "we are sorry, there has been a delay and it'll take two more weeks".

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nate from Motovation USA called me today and is willing to refund my money and give me a courtesy call when the exhaust arrives to place the order if I choose. They are working towards having better communication with sc-project to provide customers with better information regarding orders from sc-project. I am pleased with this outcome and the way Nate handled the situation.

· Registered
728 Posts
I recently ordered a Zard exhaust for my M1100 from Motowheels. They told me straight up it would take six weeks for it to arrive. I would give it an extra couple of weeks before I bugged over it. Italy, customs, shipping; all are out of control of the vendor.

It is in the best interests of the customers to know that it takes awhile to get parts from Italy. There is very little "instant gratification" when ordering Duc stuff. It just makes it that much sweeter when parts show up.

· Registered
3 Posts
I totally understand the frustration of waiting on a part to arrive. We are all riders here at the shop too, and we order parts for our personal bikes almost daily.

There is nothing worse than staring at a bike in the garage while waiting on a part to arrive.

We, as well as our friends and dealers in the industry are aware of the regular delays on Italian products.

However, we have to remind ourselves that the customers dont see these delays as frequently as we do, and we have a responsibility to keep them informed and in the loop so that they understand the time frame is not negligence, it is simply a bi-product of the commerce between countries and overseas manufacturers.

Again, this is not meant to be an excuse, its just a conversation amongst fellow riders and consumers the exotic motorcycle accessories that are available for our bikes. We will continue to take the steps to ensure that our customers have the access to the parts they desire, and the service that makes them comfortable with large or small purchases.

-Nate

· Registered
46 Posts
Well 6 weeks to the day and my SC Project 2-1 exhaust has officially shipped. I'd say a thumbs up to motovation. Took a while but within the time frame they quoted me. Just in time for the nice weather too.

· Registered
3 Posts
Right on schedule! Be sure to post up a pic and your review of that exhaust when you get it. We had them on our monster...you will like it!

On that note....the above mentioned exhaust has also arrived and is no longer needed by the customer. If anyone wants the black stainless exhaust for the 1100 EVO, we have it here in stock, and it is available to anyone with no wait. Just fyi. I would post a link to it, but not sure if I can because we arent a sponsor here, and I dont want to ruffle any feathers....but I assume you all can figure out what site I am referring to. If you search our site, its part# D07-01O

Just in case anyone was on the fence for one of these exhausts, but couldnt stand the wait.

-Nate

· Registered
46 Posts
I will definitely be taking some time for install picks and a review once it is all done. There is shamefully little info on the SC exhausts for new monsters out there. Hopefully next weekend I can get it all together and post the results.

· Registered
46 Posts
A little update. I will definitely stand by motovation. The exhaust sc sent me was incorrect and motovation stayed on them until I received the replacement parts. It did take a long time as SC seems to be a bit difficult to deal with but motovation was great about contacting me with updates and offered my money back anytime I got tired of waiting. Glad I stuck it out and would do business with them again.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts