Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people,

Motostrano/Joe wants to do a DML/SFBMHA event on Feb 28, 2004. He will be able to get a supermotard stunt rider, some umbrella girls, etc. We have not yet figured out the details of what else we would do, but it's in the works.

Please post your suggestions...

- Daffe

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
How 'bout a BBQ? [smiley=idea.gif]

Or maybe a track day or Doc Wong... ???

Uncle_Duck

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I asked Joe to do a vendor-sponsored event for the DML... so he was willing to put on an event at his store location in Redwood City. Track Day is not available for this since there is no track next to the shop. A DocWong event we would have to set up with DocWong himself if you want to do that. If there is not enough interest in the Motostrano event, I would have to re-schedule it or postpone it to another date.

The 2/28 date was chosen because it was right before Daytona races.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I'd probably be in for that. Joe hooked me up with a great deal on my Sil Motors when I rode down to his shop a while back. I'll admit it though, I'm a fair-weather rider, so if it's wet that day, I won't go.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
You can put me down tentatively as a yes for February 28.

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Yeah, we could at least do a little ride up Woodside to the hills and some kind of a loop back to the shop. Mebbe all do a test ride on one of those cool Vertemati super motards! The do look fun...

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Yes I can go, I will go ;D

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Joe, are you watching this thread at all? Post any comments you'd want us to talk about.

M

·
0 Posts
i'm watching. well, it's 3 a.m. and i can't sleep, so i'm watching...

sounds like it's a go. you guys let me know what you'd like to do as a basic agenda and time schedule and i'll make the event a fun one. i'd like to hook up with daffe on an idea for a raffle or some other give away program type deal.

i will check with doc wong to see what his schedule is like. i'll also invite as many racers as i can, mostly supermoto ama guys. more than likely guys from other local shops will stop by as well.

we can do a ride in the afternoon perhaps and then break down to the shop for food and drinks and party.

throw out any other ideas on stuff you'd like to see happen! what about other clubs or track club companies doing a presentation or something?

joe

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Joe,

sounds good about the presentation thing. was thinking of asking Monstrack to stop by with some product presentations.

raffles/giveaways sound good as well. keep in touch via email/phone on the scheduling/prizes, etc.

S

·
0 Posts
Just wondering: Will this event be open to everyone? I'm not an SFBMHA member.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Why can't you become one, all you need to do is say so! ???

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Cancel my "tentative yes" above. I just committed to a trip to Puerto Vallarta starting on February 28. Sorry.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
that's ok Scott... you'll be there for the 4/17 ride!

... you don't need to sign up to join the 2/28 event... just show up.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
...and we've never turned anyone away yet, regardless of motorcycle brand or orientation (we've had a honda shadow cruiser and a few full touring bikes on past rides).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts