Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
I'm moving back east from SF and want to ship my bike. Does anyone have any recommendations for safe and reasonably priced transporters? I've looked into a few, and read a couple posts on this site, but I'm still not sure who to use. Consumer review sites aren't very encouraging - usually the ones who had a bad experience are the ones that post reviews.
I also am looking into maybe shipping it with the regular movers, along with the rest of my stuff, but it goes on the truck with all the boxes, wrapped in bubble and shrinkwrap. Has anyone used Safari Moving company?
Ideally I would ride the bike out there myself but I can't wait until this summer.
Would love any advice on this

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
When I moved here from the East Coast, I had Graebel movers haul it with my car and the rest of my stuff. I had zero issues, and it ended up being $300 more. Well worth it, I'd say.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Try Uship.com. I had my Cromo moved from Miami to DC for $425. Basically you enter in your shipping parameters and independent haulers bid on your business. They are rated and come with references. Nice system!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ducati_tim said:
When I moved here from the East Coast, I had Graebel movers haul it with my car and the rest of my stuff. I had zero issues, and it ended up being $300 more. Well worth it, I'd say.

thanks for your replies.
Ducati Tim- how did this moving company ship your bike - crated, covered, tied down? I'm on a budget and considering this option. one company said they would crate it, but when I talked to them, it sounded like they've never dealt with bikes before.
Maybe I'll look into Graebel for moving

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
They used tie downs in the moving van and covered it with those padded blankets.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Allied (funtransport) has always done a good job with the bikes I've shipped. No issues - used them four times.

Tip: If both sender and reciever can use a "business" address, you can save $100 off the standard rate. The logic behind this is the shipper (Allied) has an easier time getting the trucks in and out of business areas (warehouse, hospital, shop etc.) vs. residential areas. I had used my local Aprilia shop to recieve a motorcycle from a private sale - that's if they agree to it. Also used my own work address to recieve/ship another. Worked out for me. Good luck.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I decided to go with Daily Direct / Haulbikes.com. It took about a month, and my bike just arrived here in MA without a scratch. I placed the order through Bevel Heaven - Steve was very helpful through the whole process. Having it shipped just with other bikes and handled by people that ride made me feel more at ease. I would definitely recommend them!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts