Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 01 M S4 with the Sienna paint scheme and like it but there is something about the 748s paint scheme that I like. The matte black with red rims which I already have. Doesn any know a good place to get my tank and front fairing painted in the area.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Depends on what you consider to be "the area."

I am really happy with the dent and paint work I got done in North Andover. Anil used the sam guy and is also very happy.

The body man is Bill Seplow and he works out of North Andover Body Shop. He does motorcycle work as a side business, but the shop lets him use their facility so he has professional paint and dry booth to use.

I can get a phone number if you're interested.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that sounds great. I should have clarified "the area". If someone has used the service before and recommends it I will always choose that over something that is right around the corner with no recommendation. I appreciate your help, thanks again.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Bill takes these calls at work:

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
A little late, but Eastern Cycles in Beverly can hook you up with Robbie Nigl (Peachpit Racing) who paints most of the BCM race bikes. I had a front fender painted and a tank un-dinged and painted a year or so ago and he does great work. I think that I paid around $500 for the tank repair, custom color matching, "flying D" tank decals, and the tank & fender. Here's a pic:
http://users.primushost.com/~dgavin/M750D/DarkOrange.html
Robbie used to come down to Boston once a week and stop by Eastern to pick up/drop off the work. If you're interested, give Randy a call to see what the current status of the arrangement is.
No connection, just a very happy customer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'd recommend Robbie from Peach Pit as well. Last winter I had him paint my 748 mirrors to match my bike (yellow of course). He did an awesome job. He basically only paints Ducati's so you can't go wrong. I paid $200 to have them painted and they are a dead on match. Yellow is very hard to match.

Just my 2 cents
Eric

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I understand where you're coming from, but mixing up the paint and cleaning up is a flat rate, regardless of how much you spray.

Still, I got my dent pulled, smoothed, decal applied, paint and clearcoat for $300!

I can't believe that the paint was $200 and I got the rest for $100!

I'm thinking about collecting some other locals who need a Ducati Red spray to go in with me this winter in cleaning up some parts I have. That should take care of the fixed costs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts