Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After Fast and the Furious i've been desperate to find a good motorcycle racing kinda movie "Torque" wasn't up to the mark any other recommendations?

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
monstah said:
After Fast and the Furious i've been desperate to find a good motorcycle racing kinda movie "Torque" wasn't up to the mark any other recommendations?
You've seen "Faster", right?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
+1 on Faster. There is also a movie being made about a GP racer that Kenny Roberts JR's bike will be featured in. Can't remember the name though.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
+1 on "Faster" , "The Doctor, The Tornado, and the Kentucky Kid" or something like that, and "The World's Fastest Indian"

Make sure to watch all the Director's Cuts and extra stuff on the WFI DVD - priceless interviews with the real Burt Monroe. Best quote from the movie: "Dirty old men need love, too!"

·
Registered
163 Posts
"On Any Sunday" is an older movie about off road racing and riding........anybody interested in two wheels would love it, even if they don't ride off road.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Oh yeah, I forgot. If you want more real-world settings for racing, go to Roadracing World (magazine) online store and check out the compilations they have of Isle of Mann races over several years.

And there are VHS editions chronicling the legends Mike Hailwood, Barry Sheene, and Giacomo Agostini.

Hmmmm, I may have to put some of those on my Christmas list....

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Also..if you get Faster..make sure it's the 2 disc DVD set. The 2nd DVD has a part all about the Desmosedici..or "THE ANIMAL"!! [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Biker Boyz! "Burn rubber, not your soul" [thumbsup]

j/k

·
Registered
70 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
SheMonster said:
The World's Fastest Indian :D
+1
I just got DVD & I want to get an Indian next!

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Mang! I totally forgot "One Man's Island". I bought it when it first came out. It and "World's Fastest Indian" are two of the best racing/personal story movies ever.

·
Registered
322 Posts
+1 for Dust To Glory. what an amazing film. Mouse McCoy was always a favorite of mine. after seeing this movie i admire him even more. one day i wish i could be half that good on a dirt bike. (don't worry, i won't spoil the movie) but def. go see it! you won't regret it. very educational i thought.

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Another doc, but well worth it.

The Long Way 'round

Ewan McGreggor and his buddy Charlie ride BMW bikes from England to New York the long way around the world. I have watched the thing multiple times and love it. If you are going to buy it though get it from Amazon.ca (amazon canada) as that DVD has 3 more episodes that we did not get here in america.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts