Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This board has really helped me do research on gear- I'm currently in the process of shopping for everything, from head to toe.

But I would really like to find a couple of motorcycle "superstores" nearby where I can go try on a wide variety of gear in person. I'm pretty particualr about what I want and what I like and I'm not likely to walk down to the local dealer and just buy a jacket.

I noticed quite a few of us are from the SoCal area- so, can anybody suggest a store within 50 miles or so of Los Angeles that has a huge selection of gear?

I checked out Bert's in Covina, and was impressed, but even they seemed a bit limited...

Maybe a place like what I'm looking for just doesn't exist and I'll have to visit a bunch of different places- I guess that could be the price of being so picky.

By the way, I have no problem ordering over the internet, but I'd like to be able to try stuff on in person first.

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
The Cycle Gear International Motorcycle show is coming to Long Beach...that's a good place to try on stuff. ;)

If you're gonna order online check out newenough.com, they are supposed to be fantastic about letting you send back stuff to get a proper fit.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I got gloves and pants from NewEnough.

Pants fit fine.

Gloves didn't.

The cool thing is that they'll ship out the new size as soon as you call, no waiting for the return. That way I could put one size glove on one hand and the other size on the other and decide. All without having two pairs on my credit card balance!

You can't ask for any better service than that, without a M/C superstore.

H

·
0 Posts
For on line sales, I also love to deal with New Enough. Helmet Shop in Daytona is also good.(web site could use some work,really slow)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I've heard nothing but good things from NewEnough and I may end up buying a Vanson jacket from them, but the point is, I'd like to be able to go somewhere and try on a bunch of stuff in person in order to make sure I'm really getting what I want. The trade show sounds like a great place to do that.

Unfortunately, i need a jacket ASAP and will probably just have to take the dive. I just don't feel like paying $500+ blindly.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I understand completely. I bought my Fieldsheer leather jacket locally and bought the matching pants from New Enough only after trying them on at a local sorta-superstore. I didn't buy locally (even though I could have saved a few bucks) 'cause I thought they were d!cks.

Come to think of it, while I buy hard parts by mail order, all of my riding gear has been bought locally (except for the Tecknic gloves from New Enough).

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I recently was in serch of a helmet, and one saturday went to every place that I could think of in my area.

BURTS had the largest selection of street jackes/pants to be sure, lots of different brands. But their helmets were behind the counter..annoying. But they had the best selection of gear of anyplace I went.

Del Almo (?) off the 405 had a HUGE selection of helmets all out in the open with nobody around to mess with you. I spend about 1 hour there trying various lids on. Their street gear selction was very limited however.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. I have also been to Berts and Del Amo. I think Bert's may be the closest I'm going to get to what I'm looking for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts