Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
allright so i am stuck in this sh!tty situation of not having a garage to park my monster during the season anymore and i am wondering what the best covers are for protecting it from the elements as much as possible. i live in mankato minnesota so we do get quite a variety of sun, rain and wind during the summer. any advice is helpful

G

·
a nice one that i have used for past bikes that seem to hold up really well is the falcon defender 2000. i believe nelson rigg makes that one, 100% waterproof! goes on easy and works.

i know my buddy has one of the Ultra II from Parts Unlimited and although it is made of some durable canvas, it isn't lined to keep scratches off the bike and its not completely waterproof.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
I'd suggest looking for a "Self-Storage" facility near your house. I keep my Monster in the house, in my den (home office).

As far as a bike cover goes, I'd get a cover for a H*nda Goldwing! You can get a nice thick cover that will cover the Monster completely, cheap. Add a couple of oil stains and some dirt to the outside of it and no one will even thing of looking under the cover. ;)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Anyone bold enough to look under the cover probably doesn't care waht bike is there. Get a cover that will provide some UV protection. UV will age the components more than anything.

no one will even thing of looking under the cover. ;)

G

·
I got the covers for both my wifes 620 and my 996 at wallmart, they were $20 a peice and arn't too bad (size L). Infact, I have another one which sits outside on her old VTR 250 in the sun/ rain/ snow and it seems to be holding up pretty good. ;D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts