Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Seem to remember

There was an article in World of Road racing last year (September / Fall issue) where a 796 was shoehorned into a 696 frame so... your swap idea may work:)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
It's all a direct bolt in. The frames are identical, you will just have to gather up some other 1100 parts, like the ecu.

Also, the 796 is just a stroked 696, so there isn't any 'shoehorning' needed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's all a direct bolt in. The frames are identical, you will just have to gather up some other 1100 parts, like the ecu.

Also, the 796 is just a stroked 696, so there isn't any 'shoehorning' needed.
Thanks for the reply. I was told that the stock wiring harness and ecu from the 796 are compatible to use for the 1100. The bike would just need to be remapped. I will be confirming this with a tech shortly.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Plus I will still be able to keep the insurance as 796cc.[/QUOTE said:
Oh no you won't unless you want big financial and legal probs in the future. You could also lose your driving licence.

·
Registered
889 Posts
6 year old post with no resolution. If people would only come back and give one more post and tell us what happened it would be great.
This is why it pays to join a lot of forums. What you can’t find out on one, you can go to another.

·
Registered
29 Posts
6 year old post with no resolution. If people would only come back and give one more post and tell us what happened it would be great.
This is why it pays to join a lot of forums. What you can’t find out on one, you can go to another.
I agree! I guess I'll have to look through some other forums.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts