Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a complex project but I have a 99 m750 carb bike and need to know what issues i would have swapping the motor for a 93 900ss carb (i have complete bike) and can i use my m750 swing arm or do i have to use/easier to use the 900 swingarm
basically i want the dryclutch 6sp 900 motor in my monster
i searched all threads and havent come up with an answer
or if someone can point me in the right direction

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is it possible to get some info from him about engine, frame, swingarm, mods needed to do it

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Unbolt one - bolt in the other. No modifications neccessary, nothing to it.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks picked the bike up yesterday now the fun part starts needs clutch and wiring harness then the swap begins

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just plugged a 2001 900 engine into a 97 750. Didn't have the other FI HW, so I converted it to carbs. Used the Ingitech module to make the crank sensor work with the ignition. Ebayed a newer voltage regulator.

your '93 will bolt right up. 2001 onward the engine frame bolts went to 12mm vs. 10 mm. If you are using a '93 check the head bolts before you put the engine in. Recommend some fresh pistons as well. My track bike is a '93, and it's still hanging tough. check the yellow wires to the regulator for signs of melting as well. Head bolts and melted regulator wires are the most common issues with the '93 engine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts