Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

861 - 864 of 864 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hello guys. I just went thru maybe half of this thread and still not sure what oil to use in my bike. Way too many info. Very good indeed but not answering a quick question. I have a 2012 Monster 1100 EVO and drive in sunny Florida (South). Can someone chime in with a quick answer.

·
Super Moderator
3,916 Posts
Hello guys. I just went thru maybe half of this thread and still not sure what oil to use in my bike. Way too many info. Very good indeed but not answering a quick question. I have a 2012 Monster 1100 EVO and drive in sunny Florida (South). Can someone chime in with a quick answer.
Any high quality fully synthetic 10w-40 oil formulated for motorcycles.

PhilB

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thanks for answering. I have been using Mobil 1 V Racing 4T for motorcycles. I should be good then. All this info is really good but sometimes it's confusing.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Phil, I'm in Boston and the weather is getting colder. Any thoughts about using something like Castrol Power1 10W-50 Synthetic 4T Motorcycle Oil? Is the range too wide in viscosity? It is the first time I see a 10w-50 motorcycle oil. I have a Monster 1100evo and ride mostly in the city and sometimes through traffic. In the AM it can be freezing.

861 - 864 of 864 Posts