Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know the drill by now --

My place 8pm - the penultimate round of the MotoGP season.

Nicky Hayden leads by a scant 12 points over Valentino Rossi with 2 rounds remaining.

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
Re: MotoGP viewing -- Sunday the 15th at 8pm

I hate to say it (and y'all can punch Tiggy in the shoulder if I'm wrong), but Rossi's gonna win the championship. We all know it. We can root for Nicky all we want, convince ourselves that he has a chance, give him all the encouragement we can, but deep, deep down, we know. Cuz Rossi's got superpowers (ask Sete). Hayden has none. Game over.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Rossi's bike hasn't broken down in several races. he's living on borrowed time.

·
Registered
423 Posts

Nicky just doesn't have that killer instinct that he will need to hold his lead... Right Tigre?

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

that's correct. He'll just roll over for anyone coming. Only evidence otherwise was Assen, but he only won that race because edwards crashed.

It would be great if he could "awaken" the killer at the end of the season, but I don't think I see it happening.

·
Registered
769 Posts

I like to join in [thumbsup] But I don't know the drill so I have some silly questions.
When you say 8pm, do you mean the TV turns on at that time so I should arrive a little before 8? Don't want to arrive fashionably late and miss the race 8)

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts

Hayden was a killer at the beginning of the season. It was that little punk Pedrosa that took the wind outta his sails.

Ducky - show up a tad sooner if you can. We generally insult each other for a few minutes, argue over where we're going to order food from, and talk about the kittays. You don't want to miss it. [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Yeah -- what she said.

·
Registered
769 Posts

Got it, thanks. Sounds like the pre-race is not to be missed [laugh]

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Yeah, and early pre-race will involve de-robing and stripping the racebike.

·
Registered
454 Posts

Spidey said:
I hate to say it (and y'all can punch Tiggy in the shoulder if I'm wrong), but Rossi's gonna win the championship. We all know it. We can root for Nicky all we want, convince ourselves that he has a chance, give him all the encouragement we can, but deep, deep down, we know. Cuz Rossi's got superpowers (ask Sete). Hayden has none. Game over.
I have to agree....even though I have literally dozens of Kentucky cousins (really...it's a long story), and am rootin' for the boy.

I'll probably be holding down the fort here in the EB and watching it at home.

BTW, Anybody catch Race 2 of the last WSBK the other day? It was [email protected]#$#@-tastic, even if Bayliss had it wrapped up before the race. [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I hadn't seen it, but it's on my tivo so I'll check it out.

·
Banned
7,484 Posts

Tigre said:
Yeah, and early pre-race will involve de-robing and stripping the racebike.
Errrr . . . you know that you don't need to take off your clothes in order to take the racebike apart, right, Steve? I mean, it's fun if guests are around and you're havin' that kinda party, but otherwise people might find it a bit curious.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

sorry... that's the drugs talking

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts

Spidey said:
Errrr . . . you know that you don't need to take off your clothes in order to take the racebike apart, right, Steve? I mean, it's fun if guests are around and you're havin' that kinda party, but otherwise people might find it a bit curious.
I read that exactly the same way at first...I'm like "why is he taking off his clothes?" --had to do a double take of the post. [laugh]

·
Registered
2,620 Posts

Spidey said:
I'd have to agree unless Rossi does not finish one of the two remaining races, i think he'll win.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

I have to believe Sete will be a total non-factor.

But it would be cool if he could manage to take rossi out.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I re-watched tonight to see the Pedrosa "move" (BTW -- I ordered one of those Pedrosa shirts they posted to cafe press in the racing/trackdays thread).

I really overlooked how amazing Elias' ride was. Truly inspired. Roberts did a heck of a job, too, but Elias was just riding out of his mind from lap 7 onward. What I totally failed to notice earlier was that Elias waved Rossi past him with about 5-6 laps to go.

What a stud! It's really encouraging to see someone *take* a race from Rossi.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.