Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
;D

Have any of you guys fitted MotoGP style race cans (low mounts) to a Monster? Specifically an older carbed double sided swing arm model? Either fabricated from scratch, or adapted a manufacturers can to fit?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated [thumbsup]

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Hmm, perhaps ARC Fabrication has, or could make something like you want. Drop them a line.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
eonan said:
;D

Have any of you guys fitted MotoGP style race cans (low mounts) to a Monster? Specifically an older carbed double sided swing arm model? Either fabricated from scratch, or adapted a manufacturers can to fit?

I wish you had asked this question yesterday, as I had several pics of what you are talking about, but I deleted them. They were a custom job, and I found the pics here on the DML, but good luck finding them as they were burried in a link that was posted in a thread about a year or so ago. I don't even remember the topic of the thread; I think someone had found an obscure sight that had these pipes on them. The site was either Italian or Spanish, and - given that my Spanish is not very good - the title of the pics were "hand-made by the Wolfman", whoever that is. Anyway, they were exactly what you were talking about. Doug at Arc Fabrication can make anything. Go to his site and drop him a line. He has an off-the-shelf undertail pipe, and has made many more complex things than a set of Motogp pipes, so I'm sure he can do it.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
eonan said:
;D

Not really shure what you are looking for but this is how my bike looked before I sold it:

The exhaust is a LeoVinci full system with possibilities to raise the angle to the point where it touches the pegs.

Here are other pic´s of my bike in it´s final edition: http://web.telia.com/~u41816991/

·
Premium Member
2,089 Posts
I'm thinking he means the new motoGP style with the two shorty cans down on one side, similar to what new yamahas and suzukis come with.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A.Duc.H.Duc. said:
I'm thinking he means the new motoGP style with the two shorty cans down on one side, similar to what new yamahas and suzukis come with.
That's exactly what I mean [thumbsup] That one above...now we're talkin'...so come on, lets see some more examples along these lines :)

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kopfjager said:
Ducati Moto GP
Kopfjager...have you any more pictures of this one?

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
eonan said:
Kopfjager...have you any more pictures of this one?
that's not a monster, that is the Ducati GP factory bike (notice the 4 bolts in the clutch basket).

mitt

·
Registered
930 Posts
[email protected], that S4 is stunningly gorgeous.

Any more pics of it or info about that beautiful specimen??????????????

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'd even considered getting a set of headers fabricated that would allow us to run one of these tasty Zards...

Attachments

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
eonan said:
I'd even considered getting a set of headers fabricated that would allow us to run one of these tasty Zards...
[laugh] [laugh] I was just gonna post that pic! Arrow also makes a cool MGP can for the S3.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts