Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fat lady is singing for Hayden. Really too bad his mate has a thick skull... :mad:

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Unbelievable

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Hell of a finish! I dont know wtf Pedrosa was thinking.... Way to go KR jr.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
I don't care what anyone may have to say in defense of Pedrosa...that was the dumbest thing I have ever seen in my life. Absolutely no reason to try something like that, on the 2nd lap, against your own teammate who is leading the points. That was just plain wrong.........

I saw it coming too. I told my wife after Nicky went under Pedro the previous lap. I told her Pedro was going to come back hard and take them both out. Classic.

Thumbs up to Elias and Roberts though. Good to see them up there giving Rossi a go at it. Great end to the race.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Sucks for Hayden

Still, very exciting race! [clap]

I was on the edge of my seat the entire race, lots of "pucker" moments [thumbsup]

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
superjohn said:
WTF? Pedrosa can ride, but he obviously has ZERO clue what it means to be on a team.
Just think of him as Biaggi Lite. [laugh]

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Pedrosa pulled a really bad time for a pass like that. But, this is racing. He was on the cusp of getting the most points for a rookie record (surpassing Vale). Why shouldn't he go for it? But, to kill the team like that was pretty poor form. I guess Nicky's run of good luck finishing races had to end some time???

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
lifes_an_ocean said:
Why shouldn't he go for it?
Because it was a move he wouldn't have been able to pull off cleanly. There is nothing wrong with racing to win. But that was just a stupid pass no matter what lap, who he took out, or what it did to the points lead. Given the fact of who he took out, and the points lead loss, it just underscores how dumb a move it was.

It wasn't as if it was for a last lap win.......

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
nicky up to that point finally had the aggressiveness he needed. the way he took pedro was a similar move, but obviously a bit better done... as soon as pedro hit that curb his bike was in the air. it was a completely boneheaded thing to do but honestly it's the type of pass we've seen dozens of times; colin had just done the same thing. it's a matter of inches to make it work but pedro went in too hot... i think we were seeing the midget's understated spanish temper. what's wrong with him is not having enough sense to keep it under control on a day like this one... but since HRC themselves say that there is no team concept there, well...

heartbreaking for nicky. you could tell he was out there to win. but since elias (HOLY ****!) cut rossi's lead from 13 to 8, nicky's at least still got a chance. technically anyway. just like rossi said, this championship is probably going to come down to the last corner of the last lap. assuming nicky isn't in jail right now for killing pedro. =)

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Emily said:
This article was interesting:

http://www.crash.net/news_view~cid~6~id~139012~pid~0.htm

Just skip to the last page and Honda's newly inspired team strategy.
Complete madness. I understand not having team orders, but there's a difference between letting racers race, and working with a strategy to win a World Championship. Nicky should get consolation money from Honda for their ineptness.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
I think from now on i will be refering to Dani Pedrosa as 'that ****ing ****". Did you see all that swearing Hayden was doing. I hoped he bitch slapped the **** outta that ****ing **** in the garage. I sure hope Nicky lawyers up and gets outta his contract. HRC does not have his best interests at heart. If the fact that NRC said no team orders (according to reports i read on The Soup) with so much at stake for the last two races isnt a big friggin clue to that fact that HRC doenst give a **** about Nick, i dont know what is.

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
Blueshark928 said:
I think from now on i will be refering to Dani Pedrosa as 'that ****ing ****". Did you see all that swearing Hayden was doing. I hoped he bitch slapped the **** outta that ****ing **** in the garage. I sure hope Nicky lawyers up and gets outta his contract. HRC does not have his best interests at heart. If the fact that NRC said no team orders (according to reports i read on The Soup) with so much at stake for the last two races isnt a big friggin clue to that fact that HRC doenst give a **** about Nick, i dont know what is.
everybody makes like this "no team orders" thing is a new position for HRC... it's not. they NEVER have team orders.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Blueshark928 said:
I think from now on i will be refering to Dani Pedrosa as 'that ****ing c**t". Did you see all that swearing Hayden was doing. I hoped he bitch slapped the **** outta that ****ing c**t in the garage. EDIT & CLIP
WoA! :eek:

and i thought i was mad [laugh]

·
Registered
100 Posts
I don't care what anyone may have to say in defense of Pedrosa...that was the dumbest thing I have ever seen in my life. Absolutely no reason to try something like that, on the 2nd lap, against your own teammate who is leading the points. That was just plain wrong.........
Agree 100%. I understand two racers "going for it," "that's racing" and the stated "no team orders" policy, but that was just collectively brain dead all around. HRC might say they have no team orders, but with racing like that they may have handed the rider's title (the one people notice) to Rossi for the third time in a row - does having no team orders justify that??

Hard to ignore the rumours that Repsol pulls Honda's strings and heavily favors Pedrosa due to nationality. On some level this is understandable, but if anything he could have been somewhat considerate to Hayden's position - why be so desperate to win a single race that you take out your team-mate who has a shot at the title (when you don't...)?

Just small-minded, if you ask me. KJR's post-race comments showed more class and appreciation for some reasonable sense of proportion,even though racing is not really a team sport and everyone wants to win, every time. True, Pedrosa may have been going for the rookie points thing, but he's hardly in any jeopardy for his racing future anyway. Although if it were my team, I'd have fired his ass after that move.

Can't imagine how Hayden must feel. First time in a long while I was bothered enough to yell at a television set !!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Blueshark928 said:
I sure hope Nicky lawyers up and gets outta his contract. HRC does not have his best interests at heart. If the fact that NRC said no team orders (according to reports i read on The Soup) with so much at stake for the last two races isnt a big friggin clue to that fact that HRC doenst give a nuts about Nick, i dont know what is.
Agreed. I think Nicky should get out of his Honda contract and sign with Team KR. Sure would be cool to see Kenny and Nicky on the same team. Kenny proved today that the KR bike can run at the front. Maybe KR can't afford Nicky?

1 - 20 of 81 Posts