Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any y'all know of a place in the chi-town area that will pick up my bike and haul it over to MCC? i was looking at renting a van or something but it was gonna cost ilke $90. just trying to price out my options

V

·
0 Posts
can u can rent a uhaul thingy for like $30/day cant u? just get some tie-downs to strap it down?

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i didn't do anything ot the bike, it just needs to be prepped for this year and i don't feel like riding it in 40 degree weather!

i checked out those rental places, $90 for the day.

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
Did you ask the dealership if they any ideas? My local guy will come by my house and pick my bike up if the weather's crappy.

Gives the guys in service something to do when nobody's riding.

--Fillmore

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i live about 35 miles away from my dealer. they do pickup bikes for free but not if they're have to drive 35 miles for only one. bastards.

i want to get my bike to the shop well before the first 50 degree day since that's when everyone else takes their bike in for service.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
"The U-Haul Motorcycle Trailer
This affordable alternative to buying and storing your own trailer is specially designed for towing big bikes (up to 100" long/790 lbs). You can drive your bike right up the EZ-Load

·
0 Posts
Holla at Mark. He said he has a friend who owns a tow truck or some shyte.

R.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
You can rent a pickup at Home Depot and I think on weekends you can get them from enterprise for 19.95 a day. I think Jason's idea might be ideal though. 14.95 for the trailer, does your IS300 have a tow kit?

·
Registered
133 Posts
BILLY & THE BOY MOTORCYCLE TOWING CHICAGO & BURBS IL. 24 HR. 773-685-4039

Nice guys, do good work, take care of the bikes in there service, have been in the business for many, many years in chicago
later
Roger

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no tow hitch on the lexus and the bike doesn't fit in the trunk :-/

i'ma call up billy and the boys and see what they can do for me!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Hey bro,
If you need I can see if my Xploder wants to pick up a trailer and take a ride one day. I'm offerin as long as I don't get called into work. But I would assume if there's snow on the ground, you don't want to trailer your bike anyway. Let me know what you think bro.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts