Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today it was pouring out so I was able to do the "waterproof" test on the Moto GP pants. Conditions: 60F degrees, foggy, very rainy and wet.

I rode for > 1 hr in these pants without experiencing any water seepage or dampness. The thermal liner kept me pretty comfortable. The legs taper so they fit pretty nicely over my boots -- I figured this was the best way to keep any water from running down the leg and into the boot but it's tapered enough to tuck in if I wanted. All in all, I think they are a great deal at $99 (on sale at newenough).

I also have the Joe Rocket Ballistic 5.0 Textile Pants which are overpants and very good for wet/cold weather too. But, on the Monster I find the leg rides up and the knee pads end up on my thigh. They aren't tapered enough to go in the boot either and when they ride up, in comes cool air/water. The riders positioning must have been designed for a more straight-forward-leg/cruiser than a sport-bike. I got the Moto GP pants to replace the JR pants and I'm pretty happy so far.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
i looked at those too

do they run size correct

if i need a 32 should i buy a 32 or something diffrent?

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I usually wear 33 - 34 range and the size 34 fits me great. It's a nice fit and a little snug to retain the padding in place.

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
I had those pants for a season. My only compliant was that they get very hot as the temperature climbs. They didn't seem to breathe very well.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
DesmosDromos said:
I had those pants for a season. My only compliant was that they get very hot as the temperature climbs. They didn't seem to breathe very well.
i agree with that...
i can't wait to take 'em off if it's over 70

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
what about with the liner removed

doubt I will ever need it in california

(except at night)

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I haven't had them long enough to need to remove the liner. I usually wear leathers whenever I can, anyways. I'm using the Moto GP pants primarily for cold/wet weather.

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
ArmandV said:
what about with the liner removed

doubt I will ever need it in california

(except at night)
Yeah, I was talking about them being hot WITHOUT the liner. They are nice and toasty for the winter, though!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts