Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just cusrious to who has the S4R/S4RS Testastretta with the most power? Post up your numbers and what's done to your bike. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
304 Posts
Grazi posted his S4RT dyno results last year. He has full Arrows, open box and a PC3 with a custom map resulting in 131.6 at the rear wheel. You can see his results here:

http://www.ducatimonster.org/smf/index.php?topic=77597.0

I remember his post because I got the same setup and the same guy wrote the fuel map but I only got 130 RWHP. I'm not sure what else could be done short of custom head or valve work. Either way, better performance results can be found in suspension or final drive at this point. I'm considering a lightweight flywheel but I'm starting to think I'm overdoing it.

Luke

·
Registered
66 Posts
Devilish, You guys have my Tricolore at your shop for it's break in. Picking it up on Thursday. As for what it's numbers are you'd have to tell me!!

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Termignoni 50mm full system, open air box with high performance filter, and dedicated race ECU.
134.5 HP peak at 10200 RPM 77.9 foot/pounds of torque peak at 8000 RPM nice flat curve from 6000 RPM to 10800 RPM (rev limiter kicks in at 11000) usable torque everywhere.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Blue Tiger said:
Devilish, You guys have my Tricolore at your shop for it's break in. Picking it up on Thursday. As for what it's numbers are you'd have to tell me!!
If you want numbers let me know and we'll throw it up on the dyno for you.

·
Premium Member
2,745 Posts
MonsterMan said:
Not an S4R, just a little S4 Foggy. 8) 139.3hp & 87.3 ft lbs

you got a 100ccs on yourself, and only 38 more ccs than the 998 guys (or is it a 999engine now?)

thats some impressive nmber 140, how much does the 848 push out?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Kui said:
you got a 100ccs on yourself, and only 38 more ccs than the 998 guys (or is it a 999engine now?)

thats some impressive nmber 140, how much does the 848 push out?
It's an ST4S motor with:

BCM 1036 Big Bore kit
V2 Stage II 748R intake & exhaust cams
38mm intake valves
32mm exhaust valves
machined and balanced crank/flywheel
Pistall Pistons 13:4:1
Carillo rods
complete head porting with manifolds and throttle bodies
Blue print of bottom end and tranny

I think most 848's are showing 117-122hp at the rear wheel.

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
evil1ks said:
Chris at Desmoworld got 140+ rwhp out of his. Claims it's just a Spark exhaust, PCIII w/ custom map and some 'engine optimizing'.
Those look like Fast by Ferraci numbers. Yeah, we glued one of our FBF stickers on the stock exhaust and now we get 12 more HP than anyone else.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Unless they are done on the same dyno they are just numbers. You will find some dynos read high, some read low.

Sorry to disappoint.

·
Banned
550 Posts
The Zard system I have is a full open system (no cat converter) with NO baffles installed in the pipes on my 07 S4RT. >:D

I ran the Zards with the standard ECU and it ran okay. Had a flat spot at about 3,500rpm (see dyno charts in link below). I then installed the DP ECU & Open Air-box and had it "tuned" by my Ducati dealer and man it came back a new bike. Once again see the dyno charts. The Zards, DP ECU & Open Air-box definitely made a huge difference to the Monster's "fun" factor........

Stock Monster 125.4 hp 99.2 m.N
Zards, DP ECU & 138.9 hp 120.1 m.N
Open Airbox

See this link for the full story of my Zards with Dyno charts before and after the Zard's and the DP ECU.
http://www.ducatimonster.org/smf/index.php?topic=84207.0

1 - 20 of 27 Posts