Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know tires should be matched but many here mix with close cousins such as BT010/BT020. What about D220 rear and stock D207 front?

I used to get 5,000 miles from a D220 rear on a 520 lb plus CB1000 so I hope the lighter Monster might get better. My current D207 front looks good except for a little cupping. It would be nice ($$) to only do one tire.

G

·
I would just wonder about the profiles.....
Whatever happened to the 207RR's, they aren't on Dunlops site anymore?

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, it's a D207RR and I think it has been replaced by the 208. It still looks pretty good but I only got 3K from the rear and that's why I'm considering the D220. Tread pattern is not really similar so I am concerned.

I was able to download a Diablo coupon so I could go with a set of those. If they are off back order, I could get front and rear for $140. Still, low mileage tires but a matched set of quality tires, for a great price.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
I've been trying to get a Diablo rear for about a month...I'd love to take advantage of the $20 front tire offer.

Had to fit a Michelin Pilot Sport instead, and I've got that combined with my 60% used up front Diablo. I'm not real comfortable mixing across brands, but it seems to work OK.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ronayers.com said they had a few yesterday, $112 and some change plus $8.00 shipping. That and $20 to Pirelli, it's almost too hard to resist, even if I am shopping again in 3-4K miles.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've been trying to get a Diablo rear for about a month...I'd love to take advantage of the $20 front tire offer.

Had to fit a Michelin Pilot Sport instead, and I've got that combined with my 60% used up front Diablo. I'm not real comfortable mixing across brands, but it seems to work OK.
If you can't find it online by the 3/31 deadline, try a local dealer. I ordered mine last week and it's already in. Cost $140, but with a free front it's still a rockin' deal.

G

·
I know tires should be matched but many here mix with close cousins such as BT010/BT020. What about D220 rear and stock D207 front?

I used to get 5,000 miles from a D220 rear on a 520 lb plus CB1000 so I hope the lighter Monster might get better. My current D207 front looks good except for a little cupping. It would be nice ($$) to only do one tire.
hey cp

I got 7500 miles out of my 207.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
I have a Dunlop 120/70 207RR on the front, Diablo 180 on the rear, seems fine, better than the Dunlop on rear. I will put a Diablo Corsa on the front when its time.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Ducgasm, Thanks for the headsup on Pirelli. I just went to the site and it's posted on the front page: ended as of 3/19. They say their allotment of free tires has been exhausted. Too bad they chose not to honor their published 3/31 deadline.

Guess I'll have to get a 208 rear or spring for a new set of something else.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey Ducgasm, Thanks for the headsup on Pirelli. I just went to the site and it's posted on the front page: ended as of 3/19. They say their allotment of free tires has been exhausted. Too bad they chose not to honor their published 3/31 deadline.

Guess I'll have to get a 208 rear or spring for a new set of something else.
Thanks Pirelli for not putting any warnings on your site 3 days before you pull the plug on the deal. I bought the rear on March 16, sent in the paperwork the next day. What are the odds I'll see the free tire? What's Italian for nada?

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
They did say till 3/31 or the supply ran out. I guess they cannot get Conti to build em or ship em fast enough. Gotta love an Italian tire that says made in Germany.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts