Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now, someone has backed into my motorcycle, leveraging it over the sidestand, and onto the left side, breaking my left clip-on and further denting/ scratching my tank. and it looks like they tried to disguise the act by picking the bike back up and trying to put it back.

my bike has been parked here for three years without problems... my landlord is doing work near the driveway and suddenly the bike is over on its side... you tell me what's going on. he's denying knocking it over, but says his crew picked it up. and i know his crew had a huge truck in to bring in landscaping materials that day...

just venting (again) ::)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i honestly WANT the bike. lately though it's been nothing but hassels - testing my patience, but i've got a place lined up in a garage for the winter. hopefully, it will be moved there this week and she'll be warm and on the battery tender while i try to squeeze my landlords guilty conscience.

·
Registered
915 Posts
monarc said:
he's denying knocking it over, but says his crew picked it up.
Why would they pick it up if they didn't knock it over. People are rarely that considerate, AND IF they were nice enough to pick it up, they would have been nice enough to tell you it was "already" on its side when they got there.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Any of your fellow tenants home during the day? One of them may have seen the incident. That's the only leverage that's going to count w/ the LL. Witnesses don't need to get involved. Just tell the LL you have one. Property damage over a certain amount is hit-and-run, which is a felony.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts