Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,
A couple of have been talking about having a monthly contest. Nothing serious. Just to have a bit of fun in the off season. We are thinking about having a monthly wallpaper/ calendar to download. And we will make it a contest.
During the month before people can submit there favorite image into this contest to be the DML wallpaper of the month. A small panel of people will decide the 5 best images. And then we will have the final vote the last week of each month. The final bike of the month will be decided by everyone. The details are being worked out as we go along. But if this vote shows interest, we will have things worked out fast.

The Prize,
Each month the winner will win an 11x14" print of the image from Race Day Photo. Its not much of a prize, but this is all for fun. With any luck maybe a few sponsors will toss in something for a years end grand prize starting January 2005 at the end of the first complete year. For now, this is just a loose fun plan to let people show off some pictures.

Below is a sample of what may be done to the image before it becomes the wallpaper. Since the sponsors maybe submitting a prize down the road, we will add their logo

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is that a gray beard hanging out of that dude's helmet? :eek:

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Great! I have this one on my office computer. The home computer has the one with the attractive model on the Ducati ;).

We definitely need one each month.

·
Registered
54 Posts
VERY COOL INDEED!

bring on the hot chicks on monsters!

(someone once posted a link for the hottest chick on a monster...can we see that again???)

:p

Blue

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I actually like the wallpaper calendar idea much more than the regular calendar.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
great idea! And GRey Beards generaly earn every hair if they still ride

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
great idea, i've made a couple of wallpapers for my computer that i'd be happy to share. Would we have to use our own photography or could we edit stock photography (with a public licence / permission from owner) as i don't have the studio (or the bike currently :() to get nice clean shots i require for a good wallpaper :)?

jon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts