Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Dave threw down the gauntlet on doing a local meet in the city, so I'll pick it up.

I'm proposing that we meet in North Beach, at a cafe like Tosca or the Savoy Tivoli or some place where a bike could be parked safely. Any suggestions welcome on that point.

Second question is whether folks would prefer a weekday evening or maybe a weekend afternoon (following a ride?)

Mmmm. I can almost smell the espresso now...

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Re: Monthly meet in SF?

Michael, I'm up for it just need to know when and where and I will show up! ;D

·
Registered
170 Posts

I have heard that other groups have met at SF Brewing Co in North Beach and I think the owner is a biker..

http://www.sfbrewing.com/

It is not far from the Trans Am tower and I know there are hundreds of motorcyle parking spaces there!

I can be there most nights!

Borg Girl

·
Registered
472 Posts

I am in for a SF meeting....I live in Novato, but work in the city down by PacBell Park (SBC ugh)

I would either show up in my cage with wife and dog in tow during the week, or on my bike for a weekend meet.

Just give me little notice and I am in for sure.

DuckDiggler

·
Registered
77 Posts

Another suggestion is Caffe Trieste. A North Beach institution and the west coast's first purveyor of espresso coffee, the Trieste has several motorcycle parking spots in front. It's on Vallejo, between Grant and Columbus. The cafe has a history of supporting italian motos - Trieste Racing is a race sponsor: http://www.caffetrieste.com/pages/racing.html

As a local ( ;D) I try to support this place. Kind of dingy/beatniky inside, but a couple of large tables, great coffee + Golden Boy pizza & French-American Co. pastries..

·
Registered
684 Posts

Another suggestion is Caffe Trieste. A North Beach institution and the west coast's first purveyor of espresso coffee, the Trieste has several motorcycle parking spots in front. It's on Vallejo, between Grant and Columbus. The cafe has a history of supporting italian motos - Trieste Racing is a race sponsor: http://www.caffetrieste.com/pages/racing.html

As a local ( ;D) I try to support this place. Kind of dingy/beatniky inside, but a couple of large tables, great coffee + Golden Boy pizza & French-American Co. pastries..
Somehow, this place just rings true for me :) I'd love to come. Weeknights or weekends would be fine. Especially when those hot summer nights come along and I can ride all the home to Sonoma in the moonlight ;D

·
Registered
170 Posts

hmmm, hot summer nights in SF [smiley=smartass.gif] I've been here for many years and don't recall that sort of night [smiley=smarty.gif] More like the line "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in ;D"

Anyway, North Beach anywhere (I draw the line at Hustlers though. To much competition [smiley=evil.gif])

Borg Girl

·
Registered
571 Posts

WELL DONE GANG......

Might I make 1 little suggestion?

If you schedule it for the last Thursday in the month (same as our one) and anyone else that was thinking of starting up a local meet...

If anyone fancied a bit of a run one evening, they could make one of the other meetings...

Just a thought...

And good luck ;D

Mines a triple mocha...hold the whipped cream :p

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Yeah, Caffe Trieste is the place I was thinking of. I was remembering they had a bunch of m/c parking in front.

Last Thurs. of the month is as good a day as any, so let's go with that, which would make the first meeting be on the 29th. How about we plan on 7pm (or so). Looks like there should be about 5 of us or so, maybe more will join in later.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Thursday the 29th it is. 7 pm. :)

1 Michael More
2 Mojak
3 borg_girl
4 DuckDiggler
5 Humbaba
6 Juan

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
Um, does Cafe Triesta have a liquor license? ;) I live in the city, don't have far to ride, don't drink coffee. Beer anyone?

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't know, but it's probably a 4 or 5 block walk to SF Brewing, or there are lots of bars in the area if we want to go that route.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Um, does Cafe Triesta have a liquor license? I live in the city, don't have far to ride, don't drink coffee. Beer anyone?
The Trieste has a beer and wine license - my pipes are currently w/ Strati and I live up the street anyway, so I might be down for a glass of chianti..

I swung by today and let them know we'd stop by.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
I work in the financial district so this works for me. Can't make it for the inaugural though... Going to New Orleans on business. (trade show setup and breakdown, yecch!)

Uncle_Duck

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The Trieste has a beer and wine license - my pipes are currently w/ Strati and I live up the street anyway, so I might be down for a glass of chianti..

I swung by today and let them know we'd stop by.
Thanks for giving them a heads-up.

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
as far as beer is that the place around the corner from Grant and Green? Where the Fields (one of my favorite bars!) used to be?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts