Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it's about time the Maine riders got organized for some groups rides. I'm proposing a monthly ride, the 2nd Sunday of every month, starting May 11th. I know Crumar is in. Obsessed?, Darkside, Supero, HereComesTrouble, Econoliner, Kr4sh, hangin_biposto, Turbodude, MIXER, whoever else I'm forgetting, and anyone from away who's in the area... There's enough of us around to have a solid ride every month.

I've got a good route for the first ride and don't mind leading if people can keep up. >:D Someone else can pick the route and lead for ride #2. Two meeting places for those a little out of town. In Portland, the Back Bay parking lot by Hannaford seems to be a convenient meeting place. 10:00am. We'll meet anyone farther away at the Park and Ride in Gray around 10:30-10:45. I'm going to guess round trip from Portland will be 3 hours not including time for stops, but I can certainly modify the route to accomodate a longer or shorter ride.

Crumar, if no one shows at least it will be me and you.

·
Registered
155 Posts
One sunday a month. That's not a huge commitment.

and considering i ride WHENEVER POSSIBLE, you know i'll be there.

·
Registered
121 Posts
May 11th...... Not sure if I'll be able to go, I have a scheduled "guys night out" the night before so it could be tough convincing the wife with a day ride the very next day. I'll see what I can do.

You know I want to go, I have been looking forward to the 1st group ride of the season since the last one I went on at the end of last season.

·
Banned
97 Posts
Never been on a group ride but I am comfortable with my riding skills, and live in the Portland area. Excuse my noobness....but what does a group ride normally entail? (besides the obvious) Spirited riding? Restaurant stops etc?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jnaids07 said:
Never been on a group ride but I am comfortable with my riding skills, and live in the Portland area. Excuse my noobness....but what does a group ride normally entail? (besides the obvious) Spirited riding? Restaurant stops etc?
Besides the obvious, a group ride is basically doing something you love with other people who love it for the exact same reasons - which I think is especially true of Ducati and Monster owners. I'm not sure why, but its more fun for me to ride in a group of 5-6 Ducati's than it is to ride with Yamaha's and Honda's. Spirited riding, yes, when appropriate. But no one ever has to ride outside of their comfort zone. I actually find that riding in a group tends to slow me down - which is a good thing. Restaurant stops, no, not really restaurants. But we do take time out from the riding to get some food, grab some pictures, and check out any major points of interest (if they're next to the road).

Here's roughly the route I was planning: Google Map. Crumar and I did something similar to this last weekend and the roads were all in suprisingly good shape considering the winter we had. There's some great scenery, a bunch of lakeside villages that are nice to ride through and some really fun sections of road.

·
Banned
97 Posts
Sounds like a fun time. I definitely want in if I can make it. I could use some Ducati camaraderie.

·
Registered
155 Posts
yeah that was a great ride. it'll be nice to meet another local rider Jnaids.

how about everyone else out there in Maineland?...

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
What's up everyone - I've been out with a few of you so far this year - Obsessed and Crumar (I think), HereComesTrouble... Prob others too... b ut haven't spent much time on DML tho,.. Always looking to ride so I'll do my best to be at Back Bay at 10:00.

In the meantime, I'll do some more snooping around here to try to get my postings up to respectable numbers.....

·
Registered
35 Posts
rides...

yeah that was a great ride. it'll be nice to meet another local rider Jnaids.

how about everyone else out there in Maineland?...
we have a group of Duc riders in Auburn... usually ride every Sunday.. we have a route that has almost all new pavement... like Auburn to Sunday River 100 miles one way.. great roads...
Last weekend we had 3 848's 2 monsters, 2 748's and an R1....
Trying to get more Duc riders to ride with us but anyone is welcome
Mike8)

·
Registered
35 Posts
rides

Any Triumphs allowed? I can meet in Gray or Auburn,as I live over in Richmond.
well of course Triumphs are allowed.. we ride with just about any one.. some times prefer not to ride with ones who just wanna do wheelies and 150 mph all the time.. send me ur name and number and next time we go for a ride I'll give u a heads up...
thanks Mike 207-577-4289

1 - 15 of 15 Posts