Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
i just bought the long arm ones last saturday. I ALMOST went for the gloss black finish instead of the flat black, but the guy at Monstrack said the gloss ones lose their luster after a year or so w/o really good maintenance.

G

·
i've ridden mine flipped a couple of times and I find the view pleasing, but not earth-shattering better.

Curious to know... how far forward do you guys have your mirror arms in relation to the handlebars? In otherwords.. whats the angle between bar and mirror, mine are like 35 degrees, maybe 40 but i'm thinking of reducing that to say 15-20.

·
Registered
735 Posts
With my mirrors forward of the bars about 30 degrees or so, I couldn't see a thing. The main problem was that I couldn't get them to point up high enough.

I brought the mirrors back to where they were even with my stock bars and that made a world of difference.

I haven't ridden with the Monstracks and my new clipons but from what I can see, it will be a bit better with the flipped option.

G

·
hrm yeah.. i'm having a similar issue. The mirrors are as high up as i can adjust them and while I get a good view I do have to do a little head bob to see back a bit better.

Its supposed to be nice wednesday, i'll move my arms back and see what i get.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts